sleight of hand or self-working tricks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
shouldnt it be
SOH?
anyhoo...
I chose SOH because its more... fun to perform in a way.
I sometimes just feel the satisfaction of doing a move and being able to pull it off. It also keeps my hands nice and warmed up.
But SWT are also damn fun. There are a few which I perform regularly and it is just amazing. The ease of performing one with such a big reaction is awesome.
I guess I chose SOH because i perform it more. If there were self working methods to all my SOH tricks, then hell yea. SWT it is...

May 10, 2009
So ,what do you mostly like : sof or swct?
[For beginners :sof=Sleight of Hand magic and swct=Self-working card tricks]
please tell what you mostly like to use and why is that.

Sleight of hand!!! SOH requires skills and is more imposible looking. Those self working ones are quite obvious as it mostly uses maths. You will blow the secret when they start experimenting with a pack of cards.

Only one bad thing about Sleigh of hand....The Practice!!!

Dec 18, 2008
I think that more than 90% of members would choose SOH tricks as it packs more punch and there is more challenge. While SWCT are always nice to perform and impress, most of them aren't so convincing or astounding as some SOH tricks. The horizons that SOH tricks bring is certainly much more than SWCT. For example, most DVDs/books of magic teach SOH tricks rather than telling buyers of SWCT.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I prefer the tricks which get the best reactions and seem most magical, whether they're slieght of hand or not doesn't make a difference, sure it's great to achieve a extremely hard sleight but I like to look at it through the spectators eyes.

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I do more slight of hand card tricks more often. Mainly because I do not know when I will be performing magic. There are a lot of slight of hand effects that can be done on the fly with out any preparation (ACR, Biddle, etc).

Correct me if I'm wrong, most of self working tricks that hits hard to spectators requires a set up. It is only because I do not have a regular gig. However, if I know I will be performing ahead of time, that'll be a different story.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Before I personally was very obsessive with sleight of hand. I still use a fair bit of it but now I will much rather use a few sleights that achieve the desired effect.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Sleight of hand!!! I think it helps our skills become better and I think that Sleight of hand overall brings better reactions.

Sleight of hand does improve your skill overall but it doesn't always get better reactions, many people forget that the spectators only see the trick and not the effort put into it.

I would vote if there was a "both" choice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results