Salt & Pepper Magic?

Nov 9, 2010
anyone here know how to mix salt and pepper together and separate the two evenly within 10 sec using bare hands? Saw this magic done once on TV and was intrigued by it and hope to learn it, anyone have a solution to this?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
no idea, but just off the top of my head, they are different density's and sizes, a little shaking would separate them out, not sure how effectively though.

Nov 9, 2010
did a bit of research...pepper has lighter density as compared to salt and certain amount of static electricity can attract particles with lighter density thus separating pepper from salt, question is how can i bring that static source onto my bare hands?

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I'll have to get back to you, but I have a book (picked up at a used bookstore) that has this trick inside of it. I don't remember the method, but it's a book of magic that can be done at the dinner table with friends.

Sep 3, 2007
I've seen it. It's called magnemento and it's not easy to come by. There is special pepper that can be pulled to the top of the salt magnetically.

[Edited] Or you could just have two salt shakers....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Magic with Everyday Objects: Over 150 Tricks Anyone Can Do at the Dinner Table by George Schindler. It can be found on Amazon pretty easily.

The method for separating salt and pepper uses a pocket comb to gather static electricity. It has a ton of stuff in it, a lot of which I'd seen before, but some interesting bits that I may try to expand upon.

It was worth the $4 I had to spend on it (I love used bookstores).

May 27, 2012
Electric Touch

did a bit of research...pepper has lighter density as compared to salt and certain amount of static electricity can attract particles with lighter density thus separating pepper from salt, question is how can i bring that static source onto my bare hands?

Electric Touch by yigal mesika can do the job !

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
For one - This thread is from 2010 - please check the date stamps before responding.

For two - You repeated the answer given directly below the post you quoted.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
For one - This thread is from 2010 - please check the date stamps before responding.

For two - You repeated the answer given directly below the post you quoted.

For three - It's his first and (let me use my mentalism skills here) last post, so I guess it's either a spam or a troll.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results