Saturday Night Contest - Cardist Combat!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casey Rudd, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's my entry.
    http://youtu.be/9hOU-P4U4gY
    I wish I had more time to get it better. I had other ideas but they were to hard to get within the time limit. I hope to see this contest again sometime.

2. Heres my entry. Its a flourish I call Vector, I came uo with it all day yesterday and practiced all day today. Sorry about the ghosting I used a webcam. The beginning is inspired by Patrick Varnavas. http://instagram.com/p/rQPyfUHmav/?modal=true

3. #31 Andrei, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
    Hey guys! I picked a winner and didn't realize the video was actually posted a while back. Since that is against the rules, I'd like to reconsider our original decision (this doesn't take away the merit of the original move - that slick fan tho!). That said, this week's winner is...................... Alvin Herp! submission: http://instagram.com/p/rOTRBgvq2a/

Congrats on the win Alvin! Very slick and smooth cut, definitely grabbed our attention. Thanks to everyone who participated, until next time! Rock on,

PS: Patrick, you're a beast. I'll just keep saying that.

4. I thought you said we need to create a flourish specifically for this contest. Now this guy won because of an awesome flourish he created 6 months ago and had that time to practice? Now I sat all day creating and practicing a flourish for this contest, but the rules were bent? Come on, theory11.

5. Yep, all resolved, thanks for the heads up!

6. I think it's fair enough the winner deserve it ... they didn't say create it today just be original

7. Well as much as im upset that I didn't win....well done because that flourish is amazing! ! I didn't stand a chance...congrats

8. Andrei .. who was the one u picked then it was and old video ?

9. 1st off, the criteria clearly said brand new video. So, i though it was ok to make a video of an old move as long as it was a video made for this contest(?) What i can see i didn't do anything wrong.
    I understand what theentrydude means but as i said, I was following the rules.
    Andrei also wrote that my video was old, which it's not.

I think you should be more clear about the rules so something like this wont happen again.

Thanks c:

10. Thanks for understanding Birger! Your move is definitely FAN-tastic (see what I did there? haha), really enjoyed it. That said, I believe the contest clearly stated to create an original flourish for that night's contest, rather than "perform an original flourish in a new video". The fun part is in creating the flourish the same day and to push/challenge yourself. I hope to see you on here next time with some more sick skill. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.