Saturday Night Contest - Create A Flourish!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casey Rudd, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! If you've taken a visit to our Media Section over the past week, we posted 3 awesome cardistry videos from Henrik Forberg, Aviv Moraly, and Gabor Juhasz. One key factor that made those videos stand out was the different styles of each cardist, and their original moves. Tonight, we are using originality as inspiration for another round of our Create A Flourish series.

Your challenge is to create a new flourish. Simple as that. The one rule? You CANNOT start your flourish holding the deck in dealer's grip. Make it new and fresh, and try to make it as original as possible. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Just show us something unique and creative. We also want to see a smooth performance. Execution and flow will play a factor in the judging process, as well.

You also don’t need a nice camera to film your flourish. It can be a webcam video! Cinematography and editing skills are in no way required for tonight’s contest. We want to see the flourish. That is what counts.

Film your flourish and upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram (if posted on IG, hashtag it #theory11). Post the link to your public video (so we can see it!) in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, August 7th (my birthday!). Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through each submission and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above. You can submit up to 2 flourishes each, but remember that we are looking for quality, not quantity!

What can you take home if you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points and a deck of ultra-rare Gold Monarchs, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

2. Good Luck All!! Happy Birthday Casey.

3. Good luck to all involved!

And happy birfday!

4. Good luck, everybody! Also, happy birthday, Casey.

5. Happy birthday Casey, and good luck to all! I may have to stay out of this one, mainly since I'm not good at cardistry flourishes, but I'll see what I can come up with.

6. Good luck to all who enter this weeks contest! Seriously, I have mad respect for you guys who can flourish and have the creativity to develop new flourishes. Happy birthday to you as well, Case!

7. Good luck everyone and Happy Birthday Casey. Cheers!

8. Happy Birthday to the man who makes our Sundays a creative thinking process

9. Kicking things off with a simple flourishy way to false cut the entire deck on to the table. Not a cardistry person that's all my skills could permit me :p

10. Question: what would classify as a 'flourish'?
    Does it have to be something like flicker or a card twirling? Or can it also be a fancy/flashy cut too?

More importantly, Happy Birthday, Casey ! I'm sure no one would mind if the contest results come out a day later, go party hard and blow your own mind for a change ! Stay blessed.

Dean Magic and Casey Rudd like this.
  11. Happy birthday Casey, have a magical day :)

Can't wait to see the entries.

12. Any type of cardistry is allowed, you just can't start by holding the deck in a dealer's/mechanics grip. We would prefer to see the whole deck used though, but anything goes as long as you don't start it in that specific grip.

13. Flip Flop

Happy Birthday Casey!

14. Submission 1 -

Submission 2-

Happy birthday Casey!

:)

15. I really like this idea, very comfy. Going to find a new opener when I get some more free time. Doesn't start in dealers grip but more of an elevated grip between the thumb and pinky. Also, I hope using squids doesn't invalidate my entry. Happy birthday Casey!

16. Smoothness and original flourishes don't go hand by hand, but anyway i tried my best for the time i had.
    And happy birthday!

17. Heres my submission (The production is the first flourish, not starting from the spread)
    I hope its fine I combined both submissions into 1 video to make it easier rather than opening 2 videos.

Good luck, all ! Great entries till now !

Furrukh and Dean Magic like this.