Saturday Night Contest - Happy Birthday JB!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great start to the weekend. Today is a big day. It's Jonathan Bayme's birthday! To celebrate, we want to give him a the best cake in the world. But not THAT kind of cake. We're talking about a cake out of playing cards!

To celebrate JB's birthday, the challenge this week requires a little bit of creativity and a lot of fun. The task? Make him a birthday CAKE out of playing cards. We're looking for the most creative submission to take home the prize this week. It doesn't have to be the biggest, we're just looking for the best. It could use only one card, or however many you can imagine. Think of an interesting way to involve theory11 in some aspect. Also, think outside the box, flex your creativity, and help us celebrate.

Upload a picture of your cake of cards to Instagram, Imgur, or any photo sharing site, and post the link to your picture in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, January 29th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on which one we think is the best overall based on the criteria above.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points and 3 Decks of Rarebit Gold Playing Cards, shipped on the house anywhere in the world.

Happy Birthday JB!

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Just my two cents: It'd be interesting to have a birthday/anniversary challenge that's not making a cake out of playing cards. Maybe a trick with a candle or the most interesting card trick using the dates in question. Food for thought.

Dec 30, 2014
So after about a full on hour of creating my cake it's still only about maybe 15-20% done! Pretty stoked that this contest is about creativity though because I just reread the creativity section in the book Creative Magic by Adam Wilber! :)

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Dec 30, 2014
Question : Will a bad camera quality affect the decision in any way? plus can I know how old is JB now?
For this the quality shouldn't matter otherwise it would be said in the rules. That said however I always think the better the quality of photograph no matter what competition makes the object look better. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results