Saturday Night Contest - Let's Get Techno-Logic!

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Here's my crack at the contest. The focus of the effect isn't based upon the technology itself but it is absolutely crucial to use technology in this effect. I like to use technology subtly to aid me in my magic, rather than use it as the focus of the magic. I feel that using an, for instance, an iPhone for magic, the audience can just put it down to "a video playing on the screen or something". But when you use technology to seemingly make things "more fair" then it can help you turn your tricks into minor miracles.

[video=youtube;Syc-fvRGOmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syc-fvRGOmw[/video]

Lloyd

Here is My effect.
Ive been playing with this idea for a few months and have come up with lots of great ideas, but this is just a fun presentation that i like. It gets people involved, there are fun videos, and they keep the qr code which has all my info on it for future shows and the video also has my info on it so they can show their friends and contact me :) so hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKx1Y-OKJbk

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I have a funny but horrifying revolving around this contest.

So, about a month ago, my iPod Touch (3rd gen) fell off a table and the screen cracked majorly. Devastating to say the least. Instead of getting the screen replaced, I took this as an opportunity to upgrade my iPod. So, the next day, I went to Future Shop and bought a brand new 4th Generation iPod Touch which I love.

Tonight, I read about this contest and immediately had a neat idea... as I still have the older cracked iPod I began messing around and figured out a fun method to restore the cracked iPod, which is essentially switching the cracked one for the brand new one. I play with the effect for a while and decide to try filming it.

So I grab my camera and both iPods and start to go downstairs to film the effect. As I reach the bottom step, my brand new iPod Touch falls from my grasp and hits my carpeted floor. I pick it up... cracked.

Now I've got two cracked iPod Touches and no effect to film.

That's depressing. Michael Ammar has an effect where he borrows an iPhone and visibly breaks the screen. You can hear it and see it. And then he restores it.

Apr 20, 2010
Wow, all of your guys' tricks are awesome! I especially like these visual ones where you've got something on a cell screen, and pull it off as it melts to the real world, super visual! Here's my entry involving two tools I made about a week ago; perfect timing, gents!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBTKSh5N9Yo

nIvan

PS: Sorry about the neck cramps; I wasn't going to correct or refilm with my volunteer camera-woman.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys. Time for the results.

This week's contest was FANTASTIC. We were super pleased with the amount of amazing and great entries you guys provided us with. This is why I love you guys. You all step up to the plate with great minds and you all are ready to take on a challenge.

With that said, it was crazy hard to determine tonight's winner. We had to go back and watch most of the submissions, review them, and compare to see whose video was the overall best. You guys don't make it easy for us!

The video that stood out to us the most made technology the only focus point in the entire effect, and that was what we wanted. It was very unique, creative, and overall a very effective illusion. Let's give a round of applause to Danielkramer1 for his effect Diminishing Emails! Daniel, congrats on the win! Please send me a PM with your theory11 account email and/or mailing address so we can ship Vertigo out to you ASAP after launch next Friday!

As for everyone else, it was such a close race. You guys all had excellent videos with awesome effects. Definitely a lot of great talent in these forums. Proud of every single one of you guys!

See you guys later this week for yet another awesome SNC!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results