Saturday Night Contest - Make A Trailer

May 26, 2017
I am not good at cardistry or flourishes as it really isn't my vein of performance. However, I decided to take this is to a different direction with a 80's/90's style commercial thing.

I hope you all enjoy!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for results!

Congrats to theSunnyG for taking home this week's prize! You captured the essence of the Monarchs perfectly - exactly what we asked for. Please contact our support team with your details to claim your prize!

We also want to extend a few honorable mentions to Khaleel Olaiky, Stratego, and wZEnigma for their fantastic entries. Great work guys!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
Why do you film with a RED and how much blood do I have to sell to get one?

Ha! I wish I was shooting with a RED, I don’t think with all my blood and both kidneys could I get one :eek:

Alright guys, time for results!

Congrats to theSunnyG for taking home this week's prize! You captured the essence of the Monarchs perfectly - exactly what we asked for. Please contact our support team with your details to claim your prize!

We also want to extend a few honorable mentions to Khaleel Olaiky, Stratego, and wZEnigma for their fantastic entries. Great work guys!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Thanks, Casey! Great job to all the entries too!

May 26, 2017
Nice job SunnyG. I guess at the end of the day this was more of a cardistry competition to display the deck which I am horrible at :(. I feel like I wasted 10 hours of my life though cause I probably went way too out of the box on mine and created something that wasn't really fitting the contest. It was my first entry on one of these so I guess I didn't really understand how they work haha. Oh well, great job to everyone though!

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
SunnyG why did you enter man? I was about to win LOL just kidding, congratulations your trailer is so awesome it felt like a Theory11 trailer,
Well done

Reactions: theSunnyG

Stratego

Elite Member
May 18, 2017
Congratulations TheSunnyG, I remember you from the previous trailer contest 6 months ago - that you also won. Your trailer looks really professional, like there is nothing at the wrong place. Do you work in the media industry or something ?
I thought my trailer was really good this time but after comparing it to your in mine the camera is shaky and there are some useless parts that I could have get rid of. :eek:

NickLL11267 don’t be sad, I entered nearly all SNC for a year and only won once because it was a random picking. :D
I also spent like 6 hours thinking, recording and editing mine but I don’t feel like it’s wasted time because I really like the result and I’ve learned a lot from making it (and next time I will do better).

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
Congratulations TheSunnyG, I remember you from the previous trailer contest 6 months ago - that you also won. Your trailer looks really professional, like there is nothing at the wrong place. Do you work in the media industry or something ?
I thought my trailer was really good this time but after comparing it to your in mine the camera is shaky and there are some useless parts that I could have get rid of. :eek:

NickLL11267 don’t be sad, I entered nearly all SNC for a year and only won once because it was a random picking. :D
I also spent like 6 hours thinking, recording and editing mine but I don’t feel like it’s wasted time because I really like the result and I’ve learned a lot from making it (and next time I will do better).
IMO previous winners shouldn't be allowed to win again. There's a finite amount of gold Monarchs, after all, unless it is the intention for SNC to be mostly for professional cardists and magicians. I was under the impression that it was open to everyone, collectors, fans and amateurs included.

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
I appreciate the words guys, but I'm by far not a professional cardist or magician. I see the create a flourish contests and think to myself, wow I'm at absolute beginner stage.

I think that's the great thing about the SNC's though, it attracts people from all walks of life, some for cardists like the create a flourish contests, some for magicians like the creating a trick, some for everyone - the guessing ones, and then you have photo and video contests and then everything else in between!

@Stratego I feel our videos were quite similar in fact, relatively similar choice in music and it looks like you shot with a DSLR and one light, and so did I!

Compared to a Theory11 Andrei Jikh level trailer, there's still so much left for me to try to improve to reach to!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I appreciate the words guys, but I'm by far not a professional cardist or magician. I see the create a flourish contests and think to myself, wow I'm at absolute beginner stage.

I think that's the great thing about the SNC's though, it attracts people from all walks of life, some for cardists like the create a flourish contests, some for magicians like the creating a trick, some for everyone - the guessing ones, and then you have photo and video contests and then everything else in between!

@Stratego I feel our videos were quite similar in fact, relatively similar choice in music and it looks like you shot with a DSLR and one light, and so did I!

Compared to a Theory11 Andrei Jikh level trailer, there's still so much left for me to try to improve to reach to!

Well said..... I too feel like I'm getting good sometimes and then I just pop in Steve Fortes G.P.S or watch a Jason England video. Brings me right back to reality. :)

Stratego

Elite Member
May 18, 2017
Actually I've been more sneaky than that: I used my phone and applied external lens on it (the things you buy for 5$). I have a DSLR but it can't record in slow motion (to my knowledge -it's a Canon EOS 60D, if you know a way to make slow motion with it let me know) so I prefered a lower definition but more fps.

If you can do this in one day of work, I can imgine you doing super kickass trailer if you had more time and would be paid for it.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results