Saturday Night Contest - Merry Christmas 2011!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Ho ho ho! What’s that I hear? It’s the magical sound of the great Kenner Claus! Okay, I may be exaggerating. There is no Kenner Claus, but there IS a ChrisKennerMas, and it’s happening tonight here at theory11!

Tomorrow is Christmas, and that means there are trees standing somewhere in your house with lights, ornaments, and the like. But what it doesn’t have is your specially made Holiday Ornament! Let me explain…

The challenge is to make a holiday ornament using a deck of cards. The rules are simple. Use ONE deck of cards and/or the box (it can be less than a deck, but no more than a full one). You can use other items, like bells, but make sure you include cards in your ornament! You may use glue, scissors, tape, finger paints, Calen Morelli, etc. As always, THE MORE RIDICULOUS THE BETTER!

Entries should be submitted in response to THIS forum thread by 11:00pm EST tonight. You can upload the picture as an attachment to your response, or you can upload it to any website in which we can publicly view it.

The winner tonight will walk home with one of each of our FIVE new releases from last night. That is a Steampunk Deck, Charity Water Deck, The Whole Thing by Chris Mayhew DVD, PURE by Ekaterina - Cardistry DVD, and Dead Cut by Jason England – Download. That’s not all. You will also receive FIVE entries into our holiday contest! A big bundle up for grabs tonight!

Hope you guys have a lot of fun with this one! We can’t wait to see the submissions!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Great contest! Can't wait to see some of the creativity on this one. I'd participate as well but I have to put the kids to bed in a half hour and then play Santa myself tonight.

SinSandman

Elite Member
Aug 20, 2011
Here is my Martha Stewart attempt lmao

Not sure why it went sideways....tilt your heads lol

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 96

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
Where I live it's already Christmas :). I won't be participating but Merry Christmas guys.

Sep 2, 2007
Not sure if it counts as an ornament, but I wrapped a gift in a cube made of playing cards.

(Rubik's Cube was used as a stand in for the package since it was already given.)

View attachment 4501View attachment 4500I used 34 blue cards for the snowflake ornament and 10 red cards for the garland. Its a snowflake made out of cards!
Holy cow, that's awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 51
Mar 5, 2011
Wonderful Asia
SNC entry : cards dialogue :D

SNC Entry..
Just my Imaginary dialogue between one cards to the other.
In this case between King and Queen.. They talk about their holiday .. LOL
snccarddialogue6ok.jpg

Please tell me if the pict doesnt appear ..

Feb 4, 2008
Christmas Moose

Okay so my Christmas Moose decided to take a rocket ship/angel to the North Pole....Or Roswell?
xmasmoose 011.jpg xmasmoose 013.jpg

He was smart enough to wear the tinfoil hat to block the mind reading gamma rays!

xmasmoose 012.jpg

These two are not for contest because they use two decks but I thought he might want to play some solitaire on the way.
xmasmoose 014.jpgxmasmoose 015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 13, 2011
SNC Contest Entry

Hey, T11, this is a cool snow flake that i made. It used 4 cards, and is actually small enough to be a pretty cool ornament. Yes, i did cut all of those cards out. My hand hurts from holding the scissors so long. Anyway, this is my entry, and good luck to everyone else!SNCSnoflake.jpg

Feb 18, 2011
Hey all! Alrighty so I jumped in. So I took the Tally Ho titanium edition and cracked open the box.
I used that as a 3dish floor ground of the Jokers apartment building..yea he lives alone.
I then made a little fire place in the background and cut a hole open in the box, and shoved a red light from my real christmas tree in that hole. This gives off the illusion that its real fire, and the red light shoots off the fire and casts a shadow across the card box. And then I added two little presents, some hanging pips ( hearts, clubs, diamonds, spades ) and then a cute little christmas tree with the little circle flower on the tally ho's as the "star" . And of course the Joker jumping for joy saying " Tally Ho! It's christmas! " I'am so leaving this on my tree :)

I added the pics as attachments..here are the links to them aswell. ( 3 pics )

Happy Christmas and holidays guys! <3

http://i40.tinypic.com/23li39e.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/346xa47.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/ac4uio.jpg

Attachments

• t11holiday3.jpg
    t11holiday3.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 57
  • T11Holiday1.jpg
    T11Holiday1.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 62
  • T11Holiday2.jpg
    T11Holiday2.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 61
May 30, 2010
My family tree topper this year is a mix off both of my favorite things. Playing cards and snap back hats. As you can see this is a custom made hat that I made. Even after Christmas I will have a pretty beast hat to wear out in public and wont have to worry about walking into someone with the same thing.

DSC00391.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00392.jpg
[/IMG]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results