Saturday Night Contest - Movie Poster

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Due to the current global health situation, it's been hard to go out and enjoy a brand new movie release at the movie theater. I know I'm certainly missing going to the theater (I still have yet to see Tenet!), so to fill that space, let's use some imagination and see if we can create the idea of a movie we would like to see - with playing cards of course!

What's the challenge? Your objective is to make a movie poster by taking a dramatic shot featuring yourself (or another person) and any deck of your choice. It could be Monarchs, Bicycles, your favorite deck, etc. All we ask is that you make your shot look like it's part of a promo for a movie! You can even put a plot synopsis in the description if you would like.

What is the judging criteria that we are looking for? Composition, lighting, and feel will play a factor in deciding the winner. We will also be looking for the setting of your shot. We do not want to see a shot with your bed and clothes in the background. Can you trigger emotion behind your shot? Pretend this image is being advertised for a movie. You want to make sure your picture grabs attention, and make sure it's memorable. Be creative as well, as all of this will be factored into the judging process.

Post the image to Instagram (or uploaded directly to forums in your response) using the hashtag #theory11 and in the description of the image, make up a name for a movie that goes with your image. It can be any movie name (even a name that exists already). You can also put this text on your image, but beware of using the wrong font type. A font can make or break your poster, so do this with caution (it is not necessary).

Once your image is posted to Instagram, post the link to it in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, November 22nd. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points and a Variety Box with 12 in-stock decks of your choice shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

We look forward to seeing your movie posters!

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
Is photo editing allowed in this one? I’m talking about adding elements that are not in the shot. Or maybe combining multiple shots together.

Umbelino

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Due to the current global health situation, it's been hard to go out and enjoy a brand new movie release at the movie theater. I know I'm certainly missing going to the theater (I still have yet to see Tenet!), so to fill that space, let's use some imagination and see if we can create the idea of a movie we would like to see - with playing cards of course!

What's the challenge? Your objective is to make a movie poster by taking a dramatic shot featuring yourself (or another person) and any deck of your choice. It could be Monarchs, Bicycles, your favorite deck, etc. All we ask is that you make your shot look like it's part of a promo for a movie! You can even put a plot synopsis in the description if you would like.

What is the judging criteria that we are looking for? Composition, lighting, and feel will play a factor in deciding the winner. We will also be looking for the setting of your shot. We do not want to see a shot with your bed and clothes in the background. Can you trigger emotion behind your shot? Pretend this image is being advertised for a movie. You want to make sure your picture grabs attention, and make sure it's memorable. Be creative as well, as all of this will be factored into the judging process.

Post the image to Instagram (or uploaded directly to forums in your response) using the hashtag #theory11 and in the description of the image, make up a name for a movie that goes with your image. It can be any movie name (even a name that exists already). You can also put this text on your image, but beware of using the wrong font type. A font can make or break your poster, so do this with caution (it is not necessary).

Once your image is posted to Instagram, post the link to it in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, November 22nd. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points and a Variety Box with 12 in-stock decks of your choice shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

We look forward to seeing your movie posters!

Can we enter the contest multiple times? Each time with a different poster?

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Here's mine. It's a deep exploration on how a hobby can become an obsession. I call it The Fanatics.

Attachments

• 1606096813927.png
    1606096813927.png
    988.6 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: Gabriel Z.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Here's my submission! The movie is called "The 52 Assistants" and it's a biopic of the late great Ricky Jay, hope you guys enjoy it!
Congrats Umbelino! We have chosen your entry as the winner for this week's contest! We felt that of all the entries, this one perfectly captured the Movie Poster vibe and would be something that you would see in an advertisement for the film. Very well done! The composition, the style, even the font color matched together beautifully. Please contact our support team to claim your prize!

We'd also like to extend a few honorable mentions to Galganosteven and Kaan Akdogan for making this one incredibly close! Great work gentlemen.

For everyone in the states, we hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving this week, and we'll see you on Friday for something secret...which could be slightly related to the theme from this week's contest. See you then...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results