Saturday Night Contest - One Set To Rule Them All!

Metermind

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
I remember watching the original Hobbit cartoon when I was a kid. Even though I was too young to completely understand it, that animation style was so unique.

Reactions: JoshL8

Haschich

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2016
Brazil
www.instagram.com
I was always very curious about the character Tom Bombadil, and there's not much information about this misterious character who claims to be the "eldest living thing in the world".
My favorite piece of content is a set of quests in the game LOTR Online where you get to visit Tom Bombadil's house and know a little bit more of him.
I still have not read the other books where he was mentioned, outside the main trilogy, but I hope to do so one day.

"Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow;
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow"

Feb 14, 2021
One of my favorite and most well-worn books is a small leather-bound and gilded copy of the Hobbit, but I am also a big fan of the animated series.

EricR5

Elite Member
Jul 18, 2015
I'll go with the movies, Return of the King specifically (if I have to pick one). Overall the movies really did the books justice.

Oct 9, 2015
Colorado
Been a while since i’ve seen a LOTR, but i loved The Fellowship of The Ring and favorite part of it was when Gandolf takes on the Balrog and sacrifices himself in order to save Frodo and gang

Braeden0309

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2020
Redmond, OR
Tolkien's unique writing style often drew on real-world mythology and he had a deep understanding of storytelling, which was clearly reflected in his artwork. He also had an eye for detail and an ability to capture the essence and emotion of a scene in a few simple lines. Below is my personal favorite piece of LOTR content!

51EykjKgDDL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Dec 4, 2018
Hmm.... this is a tough question. I'd have to say the poetry/songs that Tolkien created throughout his pieces. People often skip over the fact that he was an objectively talented poet even outside of the fantasy context.

"O! Wanderers in the shadowed land
Despair not! For though dark they stand,
All woods there be must end at last,
And see the open sun go past:
The setting sun, the rising sun,
The day's end, or the day begun.
For east or west all woods must fail."

rob_tabris

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2011
I really like the movie trilogy... For the time I watched them for the first time, was one of my first approches to that kind of themes and stories, so they craved in very deep in my memories, specially the first one...

RaphaelA

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2020
My favorite content is definitely the cozy Hobbit homes! I've actually been to Hobbiton, New Zealand (where they filmed the Shire), and the actual Hobbit homes are just swinging doors in the side of a hill. So I find it super impressive that the film directors can bring to life a door and make it something as amazing as their small, comforting homes!

kardwell146

Elite Member
Dec 12, 2008
Aragorn II; aka Strider, aka King Elessar, awesome character. Great portrayal by Viggo Mortensen in the movies.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results