Saturday Night Contest - One Year Anniversary

Sep 1, 2007
Well, post 1,001, and what a nice surprise!

I've been reading a lot of these and I must say, T11 has done quite a lot for everyone here. I can't wait to see what year number two brings. More boundaries pushed, more amazing magic, and more respect for this art.

Congrats to T11, and Happy Birthday.

Jan 14, 2008
philippines
theory11 and i are about the same age in existance in the magic world but learned of it and join the forums in january when control was coming out..

personally theory11 i think stands not just for the evolution of the art but respect for it as well
evolution: i've grown in the magic world so fast learned so much things from it back then the only slieght i know is the DL for sure the most important move youll ever learn.. this community of performers we know as Theory11 has made so much more than just producing great products for us to enjoy but made the magic world together i mean not all but look at it this way im from the philippines but i can share my views my thoughts or what ever stupid questions i came up with to the rest of the world i can post something and a guy from the U.S,UK,UAE or even singapore could reply to it... and bringing us together is the evolution of magic us thinking us one or sharing a same goal and thats the improvement of this are

respect: ive learned to respect the art even more and because of that i did what i have to do to make a positive view to magic everytime i take out my theck out of my pocket i also learned that its not the fame or the girls and not even me.. its about the look on their faces that makes me want to be better its that instance where we see magic in their eyes... just seeing that make everything so rewarding and so worth it.....

for the future i really hope this would grow to much larger community i really want to see one of us be the future of this art andrei took the first step for flourishing i urge everyone to do the same......

thanks t11 and goodluck guys....

-neco

I thought I should write something even though the time has passed.

Theory11, I remember being the strongest proponent against hype, but then I saw myself up at 4am searching for clues to the next pages last summer.

What is Theory11? That question was strongly debated, but for me it's a place for new friendships, entertainment, astonishment, wonder, fun, etc. There's a reason why the Theory11 forums are my homepage. I love these forums more than any. The atmosphere here seems so much more "a l'aise" than other forums. It's professionals and amateurs together learning and teaching.

If there's one thing that pops out at you at Theory11 is the sense of humor. That is something I find puts Theory11 above all other places. Some places take things way to seriously when in fact they should all lighten up. I come here to laugh with friends that frankly I've never met and probably will never meet.

Something else happened, I made friends with some of the artists and creators. Something I never thought possible. The possibility to mingle with the beloved artists of a site never seemed possible. I thought they were on a different level of awesome that they'd never stoop down to our "forum" levels. :p But the results were surprising! I'm sure everyone can agree that their presence in the forums and around the Theory11 community is simply overwhelming.

I don't know what I'm trying to say with this, but I'd really like to say thank you to everyone. To JB for creating a wonderful home for so many people, to the Artists for giving your time to put your material on the market, to the forum members for helping one another and making friends.

Thank you Theory11 for a terrific year!

Mitch

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I'm not one for long speaches, and I'm not entering in the contest (since its over), however I will throw some thoughts on the table later tonight, in the meantime:

2,000 posts over the course of 1 year. Wow.

Love,
Jon

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
This year has really been my breakthrough in terms of Magic. It all kind of started out at a shop I found that was not really known, come to think of it, I found the link to the shop here!

Anyways, I made some designs for their store and visited their monthly competitions 3 times, watching live performances really aspired me to go and try something myself. In the month of July I decided I would go and perform in front of an audience of upwards of 100 people. I worked up a routine that fit my style perfectly and came up with jokes and patter to go with it.

When the day came I was nervous as hell to be honest, I tried to play it off but even when my mom and dad treated me to a restaurant before the contest I couldn't even eat. Few Minutes later we were at my shop, and the nervousness was still a bit there but I was also overwhelmed by the shop (as I always am) and was facinated with all the people and products they had. I saw people like Michael Kras, Peter Marucci, and some other people at the contest. I was set to perform 3rd for juniors, but after a slight choke-up from the second performer I was going second. My act started perfectly fine and all my stuff was delivering, it continued well except for one mishap on my rope trick (dang!). I was proud of myself for my performance because all my nerves went away as I went on stage and I just enjoyed myself.

As the results came in I saw that I was third, the two to beat me were pretty good though. One was a juggler and the other had a pretty nice cups and balls routine. I won 30$ and bought some great tricks after talking to one of the shop workers while the others were performing ( alien autopsy, Zapped!, Bicycle vintage: Cupid) And then left the shop.

Other then that, I have already signed up for the next one in September and am working on my routine as I write this up. I really took a step forward with my magic this year and I am very proud of myself.

Thanks to KWmagic and theory11 for helping me along the way and happy 1 year guys, been one hell of a website thus far.

Wow, thank you for the mention. And believe me, given the circumstances that were unforseen (had to change my act last minute), I was also extremely nervous even though I've competed a couple of other times without a hitch. I thought you did a great job and I was sorry to see the rope mishap! Hopefully it flew over a lot of people's heads. Can't be too sure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results