Saturday Night Contest - Seeing Double

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Inspired by Petter's idea in our SNC suggestions thread, tonight's event will have you seeing double. Double lifts, that is. Your challenge tonight is something simple - or something complex - the choice is yours. The idea: create a unique double lift.

The double lift is a staple move in the repertoire of all close-up magicians. There have been countless variations already in print: simple and natural to acrobatic and complex. Your goal this weekend is to come up with an original handling of your own. It can be a complete creation of your own, or a variation on something you know already.

You have 24 hours to create and film your technique in the form of a video. Submissions should be uploaded to YouTube, Instagram, or Vimeo, with the link posted in response to this forum thread. In your video, please ensure that there are two cards shown (at the end) so we know it's legit! Submissions will be judged based on deceptiveness and overall creativity. The deadline is tomorrow, Sunday, at 7:30pm EST.

This week, we're also seeing double on the prizes: there will be TWO winners: a FIRST and SECOND place prize. The first place winner, as determined by our judges, will receive 1,000 Elite Member Points, BOTH downloads by Chase Duncan and Spidey released yesterday, and a deck of ultra-exclusive Rarebit Playing Cards. The second place winner will take home 500 Elite Member Points and a deck of Love Me Playing Cards, shipped on the house.

So get to it - and start seeing DOUBLE!

UPDATE: The results have been posted!

Last edited by a moderator:

rob_tabris

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2011
Love the idea of the 1st and 2nd places winners...
Really cool contest...
Just one question: Only one submission per member?

Good luck to everyone!!!!

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
It's really great to see some suggestions made their way into the SNC, very happy with this.

magicjohnb

Elite Member
Jul 2, 2011
Damn, I had the video entirely uploaded before I realized that you have to show both cards at the end... haha. I included both versions in this video: the first time I expose the double, and the second time I don't. I should mention that this is technically a variation of Lee Asher's Diving Board Double, but I came up with it independently. Hope y'all like it! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gui9zpMFcHo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results