Saturday Night Contest - Set A Record!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! It has been quite a while since we have done one of these types of contests, so we feel it would be fun to bring it back this week and see who all takes on the challenge. We want you to set a record.

The challenge tonight is to set a record. You have 60 seconds to execute any sleight, move, effect, or trick as many times as possible. You could attempt a record by performing the most Charlier cuts in 60 seconds, the most unique color changes in 60 seconds, the most Sybil's, the most Bullets, the most coin vanishes, or anything else you can imagine in magic or cardistry.

Film your entry, upload it to either Instagram, YouTube, or Vimeo, and post the link in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, August 2nd. Practice well before filming to make sure your entry is as polished as possible!

Entries will be judged overall based on how impressive your demonstration is. This means that the demonstration itself matters - but creativity and execution counts, too (without flashing!). So aim high and WOW our judges. Results will be posted shortly after the deadline.

What can you take home if you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a deck of Gold Artisans, CYBER by Worm, and Double Agent by Blaise Serra, shipped on the house anywhere in the world. The prize pool is big, so get to it!

Good luck!

DaBomb

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Here's my submission.
89°F here inside (south of France) so I had to shoot this outside (you can hear the cicadas)...
Still, the heat/sweat and humidity were nonetheless reaaaally troublesome, made the cards stick like if they'd been licked all over by that Venom guy lol, but well i tried my best and landed 60.

Reactions: Theorist19

Stratego

Elite Member
May 18, 2017

58 classic passes in 60 seconds (I didn’t count the last one). They aren’t all perfect but it took me so many tries to even go until 60 seconds without dropping the cards or sticking cards on my palm or whatever happens when you start sweating.

Jun 30, 2018

58 classic passes in 60 seconds (I didn’t count the last one). They aren’t all perfect but it took me so many tries to even go until 60 seconds without dropping the cards or sticking cards on my palm or whatever happens when you start sweating.

whoa thats like 1 pass a second!

im screwed.

Reactions: Stratego

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
This is my entry... usually I am more quick and classy than this... but this time was about quantity and tried to do it as clean as possible because I usually appear like 15-20 at a time... let me know what you think...

39 cards from a backpalm (You may count less... but I had some double productions)

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com

Congrats Stratego! We have chosen your entry as the winner to this week's contest as we felt that this combined what we were looking for in the judging criteria. Difficulty was turned up a notch and the quantity was still there, with a very consistent performance throughout. Great work! Please contact our support team so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

We would also like to extend some honorable mentions to Luis Vega, Maher211, Milan01, and Vlada for their entries as they made this one super close! A lot of impressive work from everyone this week. You guys killed it!

See you all again on Saturday for a new contest!

Stratego

Elite Member
May 18, 2017
Thank you so much! I wasn’t sure at all my performance was good enough when seeing other participants entries but I’m really happy for this one, those 2 effects are looking awesome!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results