Saturday Night Contest - Something Scary

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope you all are having a great weekend! It's almost time for Halloween, but it isn't all about tricks or treats. This time of year is perfect for feeling creeped out, scared, or spooked, and even better when you can make someone else feel it. This week's challenge is all about feeling the creeps.

Your challenge for this week is to make a video that is spooky, eerie, chilling, or even scary. Your video has to include either a magic effect OR Cardistry! For example, create and/or perform an effect with a creepy presentation, or film a Cardistry video that has a spooky feel. Magic and Cardistry are fair game this week, as long as it can creep us out, scare us, etc.

Film your videos and upload them to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, October 28th! All videos have to be filmed and uploaded from the time this contest is posted until it ends at 11:00pm tomorrow. No previous videos you have made are eligible!

What can you take home this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a deck of Gold Monarchs, and your choice between ANY 6 in-stock decks or ANY single effect we have available on our site.

You guys supply the tricks (or cardistry moves), and we'll supply the treats. We can't wait to be spooked, and we look forward to seeing your entries!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
So like what are the limitations?
I’m just assuming no blood or gore.

And what’s the criteria?
No real blood or gore. It can be fake, but I think it's pretty common sense that we do not want anyone for any reason to actually hurt themselves.

Criteria is to make us feel creeped out, scared, or uneasy. The video that does this the best will win.

Jun 11, 2013
Hey guys! Hope you all are having a great weekend! It's almost time for Halloween, but it isn't all about tricks or treats. This time of year is perfect for feeling creeped out, scared, or spooked, and even better when you can make someone else feel it. This week's challenge is all about feeling the creeps.

Your challenge for this week is to make a video that is spooky, eerie, chilling, or even scary. Your video has to include either a magic effect OR Cardistry! For example, create and/or perform an effect with a creepy presentation, or film a Cardistry video that has a spooky feel. Magic and Cardistry are fair game this week, as long as it can creep us out, scare us, etc.

Film your videos and upload them to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, October 28th! All videos have to be filmed and uploaded from the time this contest is posted until it ends at 11:00pm tomorrow. No previous videos you have made are eligible!

What can you take home this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a deck of Gold Monarchs, and your choice between ANY 6 in-stock decks or ANY single effect we have available on our site.

You guys supply the tricks (or cardistry moves), and we'll supply the treats. We can't wait to be spooked, and we look forward to seeing your entries!
Here is my entry for the contest

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Here is my entry for the contest
As listed in the contest post:

All videos have to be filmed and uploaded from the time this contest is posted until it ends at 11:00pm tomorrow. No previous videos you have made are eligible!

This video is not eligible for judging in this week's contest as it is an old video. Sorry! Please film a new video if you wish to submit an entry for this week's contest.

Dec 30, 2014
I did two very small tricks and a bit of cardistry in the middle. I hope you enjoy it! The first ring trick may look fake because of the camera movement but it was all one cut and I edited it like that to make it scarier :) I'm sure most of you guys can tell what trick it is anyway. :)

Good luck everyone!!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results