Saturday Night Contest - Structure (EXTENDED)

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
What’s up everyone! To celebrate the release of Genesis v2 by Andrei Jikh, and the announcement of CCC2011 last Friday, it would be appropriate to have tonight’s contest based around Cardistry.

Here is your task. Because Genesis v2 is entitled “Structure”, we want to see you guys create a display from a normal pack of cards.

Here’s what you need to do:

Film a video of yourself from start to finish, performing your display. Start with the deck completely closed, and finish with the deck completely closed. In the middle, show off your display for all to see.

The more original, creative, and unique your display is, the better. We want to see something that hasn’t been done before! You also get extra bonus points for incorporating a routine leading up to your display!

Video quality does not count in this contest; however, we need to see what is going on 100% of the time. Make sure everything is in full view, and you’re good to go.

Upload your submissions to YouTube, Vimeo, or any other website in which we can publicly view it. Make sure video settings are set as PUBLIC, so we can see it. In past contests, we’ve clicked on videos that were private, and unfortunately they were not qualified. Post the link to your video in THIS forum thread, by no later than 7:30pm EST, tomorrow for judging.

What shall the winner take home? Your very own copy of Genesis v2 – Structure, by Andrei Jikh, and one of Blake Vogt’s slippers signed by multiple artists and magicians at Magic Con 2011 ( as seen in Media Section Video)!

Start working on your displays; we can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for us!

Feb 7, 2010
Sweden, Uppsala
Hi there!

Is there by any chance a possibility that this SNC could be extended? I am trying to come up with something and I think I have come somewhere on the way, but since I live in Sweden it's already getting late and I am getting more and more tired as I'm writing this, but would love to keep working on my display tomorrow.

Thanks!
RedPants

Are we allowed to put up two entries? If we are here's my second entry if not pay my first entry no heed since I think I like this one better
(Actually I'm not sure which one I like better, this one just takes more skill, lol). I'm hoping having two entries is no worse than just putting two displays in one video:

Build a box workshop:

[video=youtube;AIRRY3BVLSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIRRY3BVLSU&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results