Saturday Night Contest - The Carrot Cake Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2007
Hey everyone, today is Saturday, and it's time for another round of our Saturday Night Contests. This week, inspired by our Expose segment with Daniel Garcia yesterday - and his birthday - we're hosting a challenge to create a trick. Here's how it works:

Daniel Garcia is phenomenally talented at creating powerful tricks using normal, everyday objects - from bills to cards to coins, and even cell phones. Your challenge tonight is to create a new, original trick of your own using objects around your house. You can use anything that's in your house right now to create your trick: paperclips, bills, water bottles, rice, or Pop Tarts. Whatever you want. The more creative, the better.

You have 24 hours to create, practice, and FILM your effect. Once you're ready, post a link to your video in response to this forum thread. The deadline is tomorrow, Sunday, at 7:30pm EST. Our winner this week will take home 1,000 Elite Member Points and a Daniel Garcia Prize Package: Pressure, FIVE, and Symphony. Effects will be judged based on creativity and overall impact.

Good luck, everyone! Now, go make some magic happen!

- Zach Mueller

Sashacrespi

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2011
Improved handiling for 8 ball

I REFILMED IT SO THAT YOU CAN SEE THAT IT CAN EASILY BE DONE IN LIVE PERFORMANCE
`
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIJbFkM07Ac&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 25, 2012
That was cool but you kept dropping your hands out of frame in which I knew something was up, the idea is nice but you have to realize how unnatural it looks to take your hand out of frame and then all of a sudden be there.

May 20, 2013
hey zack ....big fan ..........i see you online so can you answer that's will make my day ....please say anything

Sashacrespi

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2011
i have now modified the handling,and now it is 100 % doable in real life,but obviously,you have to be aware of your angles (not as bad as you think)

jibrizy

Elite Member
Feb 16, 2013
Awesome

[video=youtube;HSNK-dPZKKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNK-dPZKKE[/video]

Any candy with a wrapper

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
Here's my entry to this awesome contest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7N6q_rM5bM&feature=youtu.be

A three phase Paperclip on Rubberband routine, you can perform in the real world, I came up with exactly 8 hours ago ;)
Even though the performance is not perfect, I still hope you enjoy it...
With a little bit of practise there are always some improvements possible.

Pros:

No fancy gimmicks (There's a small "thing" involved, that everyone has laying around the house)
Not limited to Rubberbands (Do it with Paperclips, Headphones, Strings, ... )
Pretty good angles (Actually there's one bad angle, but this not a problem ;) )
Left completely examinable
The Clip is really on the Rubberband
No invisible thread
No frame Dropping (of course)
No camera tricks (obviously)
Fun to perform

Good luck everyone, even though I hope soo much, that ... ;)

- Konrad

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results