Saturday Night Contest : What You Think

Jul 28, 2020
Take a photo of 10 different jack of spades from 10 diferent deck of cards,

Then have us name which deck each jack of spades come from in order from 1.to.10.

First to answer wins.

Reactions: CardMagicNJ

JacobW1194

Elite Member
Jul 7, 2020
When Thanksgiving rolls around this year, maybe figuring out a way to use common Thanksgiving foods (Turkey, rolls, etc.) to create a trick?

Nov 27, 2020
Hello to all, new member, first time poster, long time collector

I've got no cardistry or magic skills other than family basics(been practicing swing, swivel, & rotation cuts, and have2 card tricks, cups and balls, and making money disappear from bank account and reappear as new decks of cards as a collection of my skills).

How about a Family Photo night? I am new and have not read through everyone else's ideas yet, so my bad if a repeat.

JacobW1194

Elite Member
Jul 7, 2020
Since the Archive has some older items, how about you take a vintage photo of a deck of playing cards, and you win any one item from the Archive (of the persons choice), and 3-4 decks (in-stock) of their choice?

JacobW1194

Elite Member
Jul 7, 2020
Since I’ve been on Theory11 (which has only been 6 months), I’ve entered pretty much every Saturday Night Contest, and I’ve noticed a theme. Tricks, Flourishing, Random, and Photography are the categories of all the contests I’ve seen. So, I thought it would be cool to suggest another “category” of SNCs: Cinematography. I think it could open up some really creative ideas and themes for contests. Just a thought!

P.S: Maybe this kind of contest has been done before and I just wasn’t here to see it. If so, maybe some more of those contests?

TheChimneySweep

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2018
Germany
www.instagram.com
I hope for more paticipants and contests where creativity is the point of competition. I think myself that one solution might be to give a bit more time to the participants. A contest that starts on Thursday evening or Friday evening and ends on Sunday evening might give enough time to some of us and bring more entrys, otherway I think the contest is lots of fun and i am very thankful for it.

Aristotilean

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2018
I hope for more paticipants and contests where creativity is the point of competition. I think myself that one solution might be to give a bit more time to the participants. A contest that starts on Thursday evening or Friday evening and ends on Sunday evening might give enough time to some of us and bring more entrys, otherway I think the contest is lots of fun and i am very thankful for it.

I second this idea. I would hate for theory11 to discontinue the creative contests with seemingly less participation. I think many more people could and would participate if given the whole weekend to create content. Often, I find that I want to participate but juggling work and family responsibilities on Sunday, I just am missing a couple needed hours to work out a good enough idea.

Jan 23, 2021
absolutely love the idea of weekly SNC, here a few ideas of mine: ;)
- most creative storyline in a magic trick (à la Justin Flom style card hit wonder)
- best poem on the newest deck release
- stop motion
- photo of balancing as many decks as possible on the head
Thank you for hosting them, really appreciate it!!

Reactions: TheChimneySweep
Mar 9, 2021
- best poem on the newest deck release
I really like this idea! This can be for the new avengers cards, etc. This will really bring out a creative side.

Another idea is to test people's actual knowledge, like how much they can figure out of a trick

Reactions: Duo JD
Nov 3, 2018
I thought of an idea while asleep lol. Maybe a competition should be to perform a magic trick that theory11 has released and who can perform it like the author magician of the trick, gets the prize.
I like the idea, but maybe instead of encouraging to exactly copy the creator, encourage an original take on the trick and have the creator pick the version he likes best?

Reactions: TheChimneySweep
Dec 31, 2020

I got my first deck at Barnes and Noble for my wife and I’d dating anniversary as a gift! I then have gone on to collect all of the film theme card and flaunt them to all my friends!😂

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results