Schwing by Chris Kenner

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Hey guys, due to my own lack of enthusiasm at my former video of Indecent, I removed it. I'm sorry if it upsets you, but I was disappointed with it myself, but I replaced it with my new video of Schwing... I sincerely hope you get at least some form of enjoyment from it. And please, don't click out at the beginning... it's just a joke for your guys' entertainment!

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Oh crap... I just realized that I forgot the link. And I can't get it because the video is still processing. My bad, I'll have it here in a minute! My apologies!

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3uvp22DgRY

Sorry for the bad quality... it's the only camera I have and can afford right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 16, 2007
There are too many coin in bottle routines! I'm partial to infusion where you use a clear rocks or pint glass and a single quarter only because it's completely slight of hand- not sneeky angle stuff but alas, I digress...

I love how confident and charismatic you are- even if it is for a youtube video. If you take that kind of stand (without being obnoxious) when you perform in public, I'm sure you turn heads. Commanding attention like that is a skill that people have to work a while with- from your 1 minute film, obviously that can't be measured properly but you do seem to exude a certain charm of your own.

Pretty cool man. Keep it up!

Dave

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Well, I'm very pleased that you guys liked it... I knew I could do a lot better than my Indecent video. And thanks to the people out there that have really helped me... people like Katie Egleston and Lee Asher, just to name two that have really been great on helping me with my presentation. Thanks for the compliments guys, they made my day!

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
it sounds like you become this crazy magic guy once you start the trick.

like chris kenner explains in the beginners video on this site.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Well I'm sorry you feel that way. It's just the way I perform. And since we're talking about Chris Kenner, when I posted this I asked Katie Egleston if there was any way Chris could watch it and critique me, as obviously I want to be the best magician I can be... and he said that it was great. I'm not in any way trying to brag or sound cocky, but I'm going to take Chris Kenner a lot more seriously than you. Nothing personal, but he's a pro, and I know he knows what he's talking about... you're some guy from the 'net.

Sep 1, 2007
I don't know about that video. It didn't seem like you were behing yourself. i kind of agree with NlightN is a sense that, you kind of got all weird when the trick started. I understand your trying hard, and i'm with ya all the way, but that vid just didn't do it for me.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Yes Drew,

Chris and I both watched this video, we both thought it was great. Chris actually said "Wow, thats VERY good." Which in the Kenner language means he was quite impressed.

Drew had sent me a video a week or so prior to showing me this one. If anything, I must say that this kid knows how to take advice and criticism and apply it for the better, that is a hard talent to come by, and you make it look easy.

Great Job.

Katie

Sep 3, 2007
Pennsylvania
Hey man, nice job. That looked great. I think that you presented it in a really entertaining way. I still haven't learned that trick yet and you didn't expose anything, so nice job.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Thanks guys, and creeper, I'm sorry you feel that way, and maybe it was just the change between the joke in the beginning of the video and the actual performance. But I am glad that you told me how you felt... the only thing you didn't tell me was how to fix it.

And Katie, reading that Chris Kenner said my video was very good really makes me feel good about myself. Makes me think that I'm actually going somewhere to where I was say, three months ago or so. And I know I've already said it like 50 times, but thanks... to you and Chris, both!

Marlin, thanks a lot!

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
Well I'm sorry you feel that way. It's just the way I perform. And since we're talking about Chris Kenner, when I posted this I asked Katie Egleston if there was any way Chris could watch it and critique me, as obviously I want to be the best magician I can be... and he said that it was great. I'm not in any way trying to brag or sound cocky, but I'm going to take Chris Kenner a lot more seriously than you. Nothing personal, but he's a pro, and I know he knows what he's talking about... you're some guy from the 'net.

Way to get offended by a guy on the "net". I strictly gave my opinion. You don't have to defend yourself by saying stuff like "lols Chris Kenner said it was good and im gonna listen to a pro rather than a guy on the net".

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Once again, I wasn't offended, and I didn't get defensive. Now I'm getting defensive. I was simply stating my reasons why I didn't really take your negative comments seriously. I was not in any way trying to brag or sound cocky, or put you down.

Aug 31, 2007
Scwhing has already been published by Eric Mason under the title "Arise Comrades" in Pabular vol n°1 from june 1975.

Who talks about creativity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
daffy- I'm darn near positive that this is the only place Chris released this effect; I'm sure it can be found other places, and I don't think it's fair of you to critisize Chris unless you own both of the effects, and therefore know the methods. It would also be in your best interest to check the dates of when the effects were released. Stealing an effect from a fellow magician is something Chris wouldn't do.

Drew,

I think it's already been said, but your charisma and natural charm just seem to make you a likeable person. And I've said this time and again, that if they like you, they'll like WHAT you do. That said, I thought it was pretty entertaining for the most part.

Too bad it wasn't in front of real people though...and to be honest, I don't think that's out of your reach in the least! :cool:

Best.
Steve

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results