Scotch and Soda VS. Dime and Penny

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Does the size of the coins change the "effect"? What makes one superior? Which do you guys use, and why? Is one more suitable for a certain type of routine than the other?

Interested to hear your views.

Scott.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey Scott, Glad to see you in the coin forum, maybe you can make it more alive.

I use dime and penny because it is cheaper :). But for a bigger croud I would definetly use scotch and soda because it is bigger and more people will be able to see it.

Aug 31, 2007
Personally, I use Scotch and Soda. Mostly because I feel the size giets a bigger reaction, and draw, and for the fact that I can do sleights with the half-dollar afterwards. Pennies are small, and I have pretty big hands, so coin rolls and palms aren't too easy.

Aug 31, 2007
I prefer Scotch and Soda becuase sometimes you get a person thinking you could easily have another dime or penny palmed because they are so small..with scotch and soda, people dont always think you could have an extra coin. Just my opinion though.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Do you guys think that the Scotch and Soda is the better set because the vanish of the CENTAVO appears harder, due to its larger size than the dime?

Also, can you guys think of an instance where the dime and penny is the BETTER choice? Maybe for a killer ending. (It would be hard to make a centavo appear inside a rolled cigarette, but a dime... :)

Scott.

scott im glad your on here making interesting coin threads. anyway.
check out joel givens book for a fantiasic slot machine routine using D/P

i don;t do the normal d/p s/s effect. personally i use them for utility

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results