Sentinel quality problem?

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
I have been a huge fan of the cards that Theory11 have produced and i have alwayz been amazed by the high quality and insane amount of abuse they can take before they wear out. I think my last deck of Stingers lasted since my birthday which is on the 17th of may until about 1 week ago. Almost 3 and a half month.

So when Theory11 released the Sentinels which is the most expensive T11 deck to date and it were said to be the highest quality deck as well i became very excited and orderd two decks to try them out at the same time i orderd Smoke.

The box and the design is EPIC. I have never seen a deck that looks this good. They look mysterious and classy without looking like "magic cards"

Now to the problem. The Sentinels are probably the worst deck i ever used. My decks were bent, no wait bent does not even describe it. It was bent and then a T rex ran over it. Seriously i cant even to a double because the cards wont hold together because they are so uneven. Im very dissapointed if this is "Q1"

Anyone else had any problems?

Im very dissapointed because every Theory11 product i own has been of high quality and i always feelt that i got more than i did pay for.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Wallmott,

Out of thousands of Sentinels in hands around the world, this is honestly the first I have heard of any quality issue whatsoever. But, it happens. USPCC is imperfect, and when printing tens of thousands of one thing, there will unavoidably be mistakes. Things like humidity, exposure to warm / cold temperatures in shipping, and other factors can take effect even AFTER the shipment leaves USPCC.

Once it's in our warehouse, we keep them in a temperature controlled, secure environment. What you're describing - a bend - sounds very unusual. Don't worry - contact our support crew and they will make sure this is resolved for you.

Apr 6, 2010
I found mine were slightly bent when i got them, but after playing with them for several hours i managed to smooth it out. Most of my decks are slightly bent in factory condition, and depending on the production process i think all decks are to certain extents. You should always give them a few days of good use before making a full judgement of their quality, at least thats how i look at it.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Wallmott,

Out of thousands of Sentinels in hands around the world, this is honestly the first I have heard of any quality issue whatsoever. But, it happens. USPCC is imperfect, and when printing tens of thousands of one thing, there will unavoidably be mistakes. Things like humidity, exposure to warm / cold temperatures in shipping, and other factors can take effect even AFTER the shipment leaves USPCC.

Once it's in our warehouse, we keep them in a temperature controlled, secure environment. What you're describing - a bend - sounds very unusual. Don't worry - contact our support crew and they will make sure this is resolved for you.

Thank you for answering J.B. Impressed as always with how good care theory11 takes of their customers.

Yes, a band or maybe not a band but the whole deck is "uneaven" so its bent like in different places. Very wierd.

Its not a big deals since it was just a deck i orderd together with Smoke just to try them to see if i should get more of them in my next order, but this made me hold off a bit from buying more.

Sep 20, 2009
the two decks i bought were warped when i first opened them, and people kept talking about foil.. but there was nothing to do with foil in the decks i got

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Everything was fine with the two decks I bought. I opened them up, they weren't warped(bent) or anything and the quality of the cards are amazing. I'm sure it was just a falty deck. Try to get another one and I'm sure it'll good.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results