Shifty by Chris Kenner

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys this is my review for the download shifty.

Effect: You place a card in the bottom of the deck and the card rise up to the top of the deck

Quality: The quality of the download is great

Teaching: The teaching of the effect was top notch. Chris go over this effect really well

Method: The method is simple, pure sleight of hand. To get it to look smooth is going to take a while

Angles: The angles aren't the greatest. It is more like a 1 on 1 kind of effect. Although some people on the right might be able or not able to see it.

Overall: This is a great effect to learn. Great ending to an ACR effect or just a trick itself.

Final words: In the demo you see Chris hold the deck on the short ends, but it can also be done holding it on the long ends. Add this to your next order

Cheers
Andrew

Mar 11, 2008
k

i totally agree man ...all of chriss kenners 1on 1 videos and worth it and taught in depth and ull really get it .. plus i also like how at the end he gives suggestions the do and do nots , apllications

Feb 28, 2008
it looks really cool... I'm kind of torn between this and Daniel Garcia's Fallen, but this looks a bit cooler as the end of Fallen isn't as smooth as this one.

Sep 1, 2007
I wont say it is horrible considering I have Fallen too. If you guys want my pick, I would say it depends on who you are showing this to. With you see the deck melt through the whole deck. In shifty you just move your hands and the card jump up. By reading the description of the effect. Fallen sounds much cooler and it is more visual then shifty(to me). I think laymen will like Fallen more. But considering the method, I like shifty more. Hopes this help people choose
Cheers
Andrew

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Fancy descriptions don't make an effect better.. it actually makes it worse in my opinion because they feel the need to hype something up with words and not with the actual effect.

Jul 13, 2008
Fallen is good to me. I've used it and gotten pretty good reactions . . . I don't see why everyone's dissing it.

May 9, 2008
Shifty Vs. Fallen

Ok this should not turn into another Ellusionist Vs. Theory 11 thread. Let's keep this conversation logical and focus on the effect, not fanboyism. Thanks!

Fallen is horrible and it is a whole DVD that costs 6 times as much

Why do you feel Fallen is "horrible"? Explain why you feel the way you do. In my opinion that is not true! Fallen is $15 for an awesome effect. $7 if you purchased the download first. Fallen has better angles and is smoother, more visual.

Shifty, the method is in the name, and you can clearly see how the trick is done. It doesn't wow me like Fallen did the first time I saw it. Shifty is just so-so and very jerky.

Fancy descriptions don't make an effect better.. it actually makes it worse in my opinion because they feel the need to hype something up with words and not with the actual effect.

Are you serious? Magic is all about your presentation and patter and how you build up or "hype up" the effect. It's all in your enthusiasm. If you just walk up to someone and perform a stellar illusion without any sense of showmanship or presentation or patter, the spectator might just shrug their shoulders and walk away without understanding what it was you did because you failed to catch their attention and build up the effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results