Shoot Ogawa

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
I love this guy!! I saw him at the magic castel a few months ago and he blew me away at how great at close up and misdirection and everything that he was. HAve you guys seen him do the muscle pass? He can get it pretty high and at the time I didn't know how it was done, and it just looked like it was floating up and was very surreal looking to me. Does anyone know when he's supposed to put out his knuckle busters series of DVDs? Or where I can get them. Also who loves Shoot Ogawa or has a story about him. Awesome stuff!

Aug 31, 2007
I went to a lecture of his when he was in Singapore last year.

Basically, he owned all of us inside out.

He arranged a shuffled deck of cards back into new deck order IN HIS HANDS... in 40 SECONDS, live, in front of us. :D

His "master" was there filiming him (his master is the originator of the Ninja Rings routine). And throught the lecture, his master was sort of giving comments on how bad his card sleights were and how much more work he must put in. Haha, and he's very funny.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
I met Shoot in Melbourne when he was out for the magic convention this year.
It was really funny watch a group of 5 or 6 guys follow him around the entire time, every lunch and break they would swarm around him like sheep.

He is a very talented person, however I think that like most people today he's stopped trying to perfect the his master did.
Japanese culture is very different to western culture and living in the US would have changed his views on life quite dramatically.

During the 3 days of the convention we chatted a few times and had a bit of a jam and he really does some very crazy stuff. Far too difficult for my current standard, but really nothing that couldn't be learnt with enough effort.

The funniest moment of the whole convention for me tho was listening to one of the sheep (I think he'd flown in from HK for the convention) talk about when he saw Shoot in HK with his GF, however his GF who was there with him didn't seem to recall being in HK with him.
BUSTED!!
needless to say he wasn't really happy with his flock after that :)

His Knuckly Buster DVDs are out already. Shoot him an email if you can't find them on his site.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I traded emails with him for a couple of weeks when I was trying to break into the magic scene here in Japan. He is a nice guy and is definitely a top class technician.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I spent Christmas with Shoot, Ai his girlfriend, Yao (Amane is his forum name), CHris and Dori.. Check it out!

Attachments

• l_959912b5b4c331c298a760c32e36b341.jpg
    l_959912b5b4c331c298a760c32e36b341.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 106
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results