Silent Magic Act...

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
As in magic done to music... (idk)...

So yeah, how do I make one?
I mean, is there some sort of structure to it?

The reason for this question is that I have a school talent show coming up, and I want to do something there. Problem is that maximum time is 5 minutes, so I thought that doing magic to a song would be best.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rupayan

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
You could take a camera and a proyector and present a card magic routine with music...or a coin routine...I saw a video here sometime ago about a kid doing magic with dlites and then turning on a lamp...it was a beautiful and silent routine...

I also recomend to do a manipulation routine if you have time....

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Manipulation is a great starting point for silent acts, but take months to learn and then years to hone to perfection.

D'Lites can make an intriguing on stage performance (low lights, light at the finger tips) but it'd need some context to make it entertaining.

Rope magic can be done, not necessarily silent act, but is good for larger audiences. A few quick tricks followed by a cut/restored routine.

I think knowing what type of magic you'll be doing will be the starting point, after you have a prop and direction you can look for music to go with it - then it's just a matter of making music and moves go together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTJLld4kqyw Marcus Eddie does a good job combining the elements, you should take a look.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results