Silver Dream or Digital Dissolve?

Dec 16, 2007
London
Seriously cool to see Justin Miller on this forum! im practicing silver dream constantly at the minute, i keep thinking im ready to perform, but will occaisionally drop a coin, and tell myself it needs another couple of weeks.

I dont own digital dissolve, and i cant deny that it is visual, but to me Silver Dream is as good as coin magic gets, and is an extremely visual effect.

Justin Miller is coin genuis, and if your reading this mate- i would love to see some more coin based stuff from you, because everything so far has been pure class. how about a 3 coin production to go into silver dream with?

Sep 24, 2007
Hmmm. Yeah, I think Silver Dream would go well with a 3 coin pro, then a coins across (3 fly type thing) and finally the vanish. The only problem with that is that their is no climax. When you look at the structure of a routine, it needs a climax, or you are just left with an empty feeling.

-Chicken

Dec 16, 2007
London
Yeah i know what you mean there Chicken, and the plot you just described is exactly what im working on, i have been thinking along the lines of a kicker ending, with the coins appearing in an impossible location. But i do kind of like the feeling at the end of Silver Dream, it has a kind of shocking quality to it, people are left silent questioning relaity, in a way i kind of prefer that to a big 'taadaaa!', its definitely an intersting area worth some serious thought.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Hmmm. Yeah, I think Silver Dream would go well with a 3 coin pro, then a coins across (3 fly type thing) and finally the vanish. The only problem with that is that their is no climax. When you look at the structure of a routine, it needs a climax, or you are just left with an empty feeling.

-Chicken

You are left with any empty feeling at the end of Silver Dream? You can honestly tell me that you watched Justin's demo video of Silver Dream and went: "Man I feel all empty after watching that!". I am all for adding personal touches to a routine but Silver Dream stands just fine on its own. Trust me I have seen it done live by Justin and there were many a jaw on the floor at the end of the routine. The climax of this routine is the final vanish and the hands shown completely empty which to most people was done in the most impossible way without any fishy looking moves, very little misdirection, and right under their noses. Even knowing what to look for with that "magician's eye" you have about a 1% chance of catching the moves and some of the moves were structured with the specific intent of fooling a magician.

Let me know your thoughts =)

--Jim

Sep 24, 2007
ahhh, but you are looking at his like magicians. From the laymen's perspective, the vanishes are clean anyway, so how is showing the hands to be completely empty a climax at all? It's just like washing the hands. What's is the point? if you have done a good enough job, phsycologically, the hands are empty.

ahhh, but you are looking at his like magicians. From the laymen's perspective, the vanishes are clean anyway, so how is showing the hands to be completely empty a climax at all? It's just like washing the hands. What's is the point? if you have done a good enough job, phsycologically, the hands are empty.
The climax is not showing the hands empty, its making two coins vanish, breaking a third in half and then vanishing the two halves... THAT is damn powerful.

Sharp

Sep 24, 2007
True, but when I first saw it, and when my audiences see it, the breaking in half is just another addition to a (exellent) routine. It is not a climax

Also true, but I think it varies heavily on presentation.

Watching Justin perform this people are floored and freaking out even without a huge climax (producing an elephant with a Walking Lib tattooed on it perhaps?).

I don't think this routine needs a huge finish or anything. Three coins vanish in an example of how magic is all a dream... using that presentation you could finish any routine quite amazingly.

Sharp

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results