SimplyMagic14

Aug 18, 2013
Dear Mrs. Raymond

I am greatly sorry for your loss.
Your husband shall be greatly missed by the Theory11 Magic Community.
I wish all the best for you, your family and your loved ones.

-Qlancy

Jul 16, 2011
Mrs.Raymond,

I'm deeply sorry to hear about your loss. Your husband will certainly be missed. I wish the best for you and your family at this difficult time.

-JP

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Our team is deeply saddened by this news. James, also known as SimplyMagic14, was an important and longtime member of the theory11 community. He was always a very positive, helpful member of our forums, constantly trying to reach out and give his tips and advice to anyone with a question. He was also a frequent participant in our Saturday Night Contests. James joined us back in September of 2009, and left us far too soon. He will be missed.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this tragic time.

I am looking into how we can memorialize our members who left us too early in a respectful way. I don't know the best way to do this yet, but I will find out what we can do.

// Lyle

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Very saddened by this news. I knew James from the old days on The Magic Session chatroom and the Magic On The Side chatroom. I remember sessioning in those rooms with James and many others, and he was always enthusiastic about magic and enjoyed sharing his ideas. I remember those times, as they were a highlight of my time in magic being able to collaborate with magicians from all over the world. I am privileged to be able to have shared ideas and hang out in those rooms with James. He will be greatly missed, and I will be praying for you, your family, and friends.

-Casey

Jan 19, 2014
Thank you all for your kind words. He is missed very much and lots of tears flow. I was going thru some of his art work and found this and thought I would share. He loved Theory11 as youwill see I do not know if he ever showed this to anyone.
cards_zps9f2b4053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Why not take this design and make a deck of cards in his honor? Give a percentage of the proceeds to the family to assist with final expenses?

Thoughts?

This. This a thousand times. Financially, I'm not sure how this would work. I understand that Theory11 has a close relationship with Bicycle.

William, forgive me to for using your brilliant idea as a springboard to bounce a few minor, additional ideas. Ranging from most to least feasible.

1) Running a short time frame where all regular bicycle and tally-ho decks have a percentage of proceeds to be sent to the family
2) Printing a special deck of cards with letters from friends in the community on the faces about the person, to be sent to the family.
3) An annual deck of cards printed, with beautiful back designs comprised of fine printed initials of all the magicians who we lost the year before.

It sounds morbid at the start to use a deck of cards like that, but all of us seek the recognition of our peers. To be seen as useful, respectable, and valued member of the groups in which we identify. There's no other tool more valued, studied, respected, and ingrained in the art of magic as a deck of cards.

Just some ideas.

I offer my deepest sympathies to the family. It's an honor to be a part of someone's journey, even just for a short time. The great thing about combining an online community with someone generous and kind, is that his words will remain here to be referenced, to guide, inspire, and support magicians to come.

If one thing is true about magicians it's this; though a magician may leave us, there are those among us who work tirelessly to ensure they are never ever forgotten.

Aug 17, 2013
Earth
Why not take this design and make a deck of cards in his honor? Give a percentage of the proceeds to the family to assist with final expenses?

Thoughts?

I would buy multiples of this deck. That's a great way to honor his memory. Man this thread is so sad but I'm so glad to see all the great friends he had. I'm sorry for you loss Mrs. Raymond and I will be praying for you and your family. I also pray that this deck does indeed get printed by T11 so I can help support you in a way that I really think would have made your husband proud.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results