Singularity by Alvo Stockman DVD

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Has anyone seen this? It sounds great on paper but it's hard to tell from the demo because it doesn't show much.

Imagine the ability to seamlessly perform the Invisible Deck effect with any standard deck of cards.

For the last 50 years, the Invisible Deck has been considered to be the purest card trick in the world. Its impact is evidenced by the sheer number of professional magicians who carry one around for anything from an "out" to a show-closing standing ovation.

Now you can ALWAYS have the invisible deck available no matter where you are.
No need to re-rough cards
No need to buy or carry special decks
You start and end completely examinable
No awkward beats

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1905

I'm waiting for some reviews first.

Thoughts?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I've been thinking of picking this up as well.

I'm very intrigued by this one.

V.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Sounds a little to good to be true, it would be great if they actually did show the effect in the demo.

There are some "impromptu" ID´s out there but they dont even look close to how clean a normal id looks.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Sean Fields impromptu invisible deck is very very nice, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name. It looks almost identical to the original one. Ben Earl has some amazing work on the psychology on his version.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Sean Fields impromptu invisible deck is very very nice, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name. It looks almost identical to the original one. Ben Earl has some amazing work on the psychology on his version.

Ben Earls is great, but nowhere near as powerfull as the original.

You need to force a card, control it and do some cutting. So his effect is more a selected card turns face down while the pack is in their hands.

May 3, 2008
I heard that the demo shows the entire effect. They name a card, you spread through, and pull out the card. That's all there is.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Hm im thinking about picking this up, but i would really like to see a full performance of it.

He did say that it looks like in the video, but to me it sounds a little too good to be true if it looks that clean when they can name any card in the deck and you just spread through the cards and its reversed.

May 3, 2008
Hm im thinking about picking this up, but i would really like to see a full performance of it.

He did say that it looks like in the video, but to me it sounds a little too good to be true if it looks that clean when they can name any card in the deck and you just spread through the cards and its reversed.
Well that's how I felt when I started magic and first saw the original Invisible Deck. I also that that was too good good to be true. I too, would wait for some reviews or a full performance though.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I'm thinking of getting this as well. I think Alvo's stuff is great. He does odd mentalism such as Post Mentalism and Poetry Reading which works out well for me. :)

I trust his stuff.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Here's a review on Penguin. I guess the trailer is actually showing the full effect from start to finish while he's doing the sleight.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Looks promising, and the review sounds good.

Ill wait for a few more - this is one of those effects which sounds too good to be exactly...true.

Alas - I'm open.

G

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Sounds a little to good to be true, it would be great if they actually did show the effect in the demo.

There are some "impromptu" ID´s out there but they dont even look close to how clean a normal id looks.

What you see in the demo is what you get and actually Alvo is performing the sleight in the video, I believe.

V.

Jan 19, 2008
To me it looks like he is culling the named card, flipping it under the spread and sticking it back in. Ive been doing that for a while now (not for an ID) and its easy. It could be used for an ID too. I hope this is different.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
To me it looks like he is culling the named card, flipping it under the spread and sticking it back in. Ive been doing that for a while now (not for an ID) and its easy. It could be used for an ID too. I hope this is different.

That's the same thought I had here.

I normally use the Cull Spread for an impromptu ID.

But I'm also wondering if Alvo has come up with a new technique to do so?

V.

May 31, 2008
acidus peak

imagne doing an acidus peak for a thought of card. That would be hardcore. Or
a center tear.

Then revealing it to be flipped over. The unfortunate thing is that I struggle to sell the actual invisible deck as it is, with the "you just flipped it over" response from a spectator.

As jay sankey says in his dvd about the invisilble deck, if one spectator says it, lord knows how many thought it.

If its a 2 hour dvd, alvo must elaborate greatly on subtleties. I'm sure even if you guys are flirting with the method, the subtleties alone would make this worth it...

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
imagne doing an acidus peak for a thought of card. That would be hardcore. Or
a center tear.

Then revealing it to be flipped over. The unfortunate thing is that I struggle to sell the actual invisible deck as it is, with the "you just flipped it over" response from a spectator.

As jay sankey says in his dvd about the invisilble deck, if one spectator says it, lord knows how many thought it.

If its a 2 hour dvd, alvo must elaborate greatly on subtleties. I'm sure even if you guys are flirting with the method, the subtleties alone would make this worth it...

That depends on how you present it. If you do it the goofy way of saying it's really invisible.. Then yeah they'll say that.

What you should do is have them name the thought of the card, then before pulling deck out, just say that you turned over one card in the deck the other day or say you've been having dream about one card and decided to turn it over. then do the reveal.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results