Slippery finger tips on card decks

May 16, 2020
I understand from this forum that slippery cards are good. However, my problem is that my finger tips don't seem to grip the top card hardly at all. Is it simply that I need to practice more or is there something I can put on my finger tips to get better control that doesn't gum up the cards?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I understand from this forum that slippery cards are good. However, my problem is that my finger tips don't seem to grip the top card hardly at all. Is it simply that I need to practice more or is there something I can put on my finger tips to get better control that doesn't gum up the cards?
O'Keeffe's Working Hands hand cream will be your best friend. Used by a bunch of the top guys including Jason England. Will give you just enough tack to grip onto an individual card without gumming up the deck.

May 16, 2020
Thank you!

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
"Slippery cards are good"

Are they? I think you mean broken in decks. There's a difference. A deck is broken in when it's slippery enough for fans, clumpy enough for decent packet cuts, but neither stick to each other like velcro nor slide off your hands to end up as floor decoration.

May 16, 2020
"Slippery cards are good"

Are they? I think you mean broken in decks. There's a difference. A deck is broken in when it's slippery enough for fans, clumpy enough for decent packet cuts, but neither stick to each other like velcro nor slide off your hands to end up as floor decoration.
I might have made a wrong general inference about slippery cards. My question was really about my finger tips and palms not being able to grip the top card to move it around. So not about gripping the whole deck; just that my finger tip just slides over the top card without much traction.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results