Smoke and Mirror V4 Problem

Mar 2, 2009
Has anyone noticed that on the back of some of these cards have spots missing green? ie. 7 off clubs

Dec 16, 2008
Toledo, OH
i noticed it on both of my decks, both 7 of clubs have it, its not that big of a deal for me so its cool. If u look at a few pics on the product page u can actually see the spot.

Jan 13, 2008
I ordered three decks from Dan and Dave, and they all have deck seals.

I have only opened one of the decks so far, and it had the issue with the spots on the 7 of clubs. As well, it (the whole deck) was printed severely off center (3mm border on top, 6mm border on the bottom--a huge discrepancy).

I've emailed customer support, so I'll report back with my experience in how they handle this situation when they get back to me. :)

Sep 2, 2007
I also ordered some decks, however none of my decks have seals and the card with the D&D logo has a border around it. Also the court cards have a wider border around them, but its not very noticeable. Aside from that the cards are great and I have noticedd no problems with the back design border or the 7 of clubs. Maybe the decks with seals and the decks without seals were two different runs.

Jan 13, 2008
I also ordered some decks, however none of my decks have seals and the card with the D&D logo has a border around it. Also the court cards have a wider border around them, but its not very noticeable. Aside from that the cards are great and I have noticedd no problems with the back design border or the 7 of clubs. Maybe the decks with seals and the decks without seals were two different runs.
Were yours from the first or second run? I ordered mine from the first run (the first release date). Possibly the second run went smoother? =/

Sep 7, 2007
Just so everyone knows, I don't think there was a difference in the first batch and the second batch.

I received my first batch of 72 (all with seals).

My second batch of 144 (all with seals). I opened about half the bricks just to double check.

Both from Theory11

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just to confirm, the third shipment of v4 decks did not have seals - this was not a mistake. These were printed in three separate batches for quality control. As mentioned, USPCC had a difficult time printing the metallic - this was the first time they had used ink of that kind on their new press. Because of that, these were done in controlled runs under close supervision.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results