Smoke Ideas

Sep 3, 2007
I've had a few ideas on the effect and would like to hear some more. Without any exposure of the gimmick is a must.

- Smoking cellphone. You pull the smoke out of the charger port to make your cell work.
- Electronics. You suck the smoke out of any port to make it work!
- 18+. Take a cig or pipe etc. out of someone's hand and take a puff and give it back (unlit).

Just a few ideas and hoping that its something that can be discussed adult-like.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i had the cigarette idea too. although mine's a little different.

you ask to bum a smoke, take it, "light it" using your hand to block the wind, they see the flame, you then remove the cigarette and exhale smoke. then you say " on second thought, these things will kill you" and hand back a complete intact cigarette unlit. I think the lighting and flame add's a delay which increases the drama. I'm also trying to figure a way to use it with Derren Brown's effect Smoke, since i dont smoke for real

additionally im working out the details with a coin bend.

i will post videos as soon as a i have a working gimmick

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
i had the cigarette idea too. although mine's a little different.

you ask to bum a smoke, take it, "light it" using your hand to block the wind, they see the flame, you then remove the cigarette and exhale smoke. then you say " on second thought, these things will kill you" and hand back a complete intact cigarette unlit. I think the lighting and flame add's a delay which increases the drama. I'm also trying to figure a way to use it with Derren Brown's effect Smoke, since i dont smoke for real

additionally im working out the details with a coin bend.

i will post videos as soon as a i have a working gimmick

I just received Pure Effect and Absolute Magic. I saw Smoke, loved it, and then sighed because I don't smoke.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
exactly my issue. i have the devil's picture book. ive been trying to adapt the presentation for a different reveal. so far nothing is really fitting. If you come up with anything please hit me up. HIs card under box routine and Out of This world is so amazing also... just saying

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I don't mean to be rude to the OP, but I really don't like the ideas of pulling smoke out of electronics to make them work. Reason being? I have read a quote that says "everything electronic works on smoke. you let your smoke out, and it doesn't work."

I used to race R/C cars and when something electric burned up, there would be TONS of smoke. Also, if you think about something electrical to spark, it is likely to cause smoke.

The idea seems contradictory to me.

Sorry if I came off as rude! I didn't mean to if I did!

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
just some more idea's smoke idea. Using a thumbtip you pour a small amount of water into your other hand, ditch the water filled tip, and blow through the hand producing smoke.

im also working out a card to mouth with patter of selling my soul to the devil to get that trick to work. Devil=hell=fire=smoke..

does anybody remember the trick where you reveal on your lip? i forgot what its called

Oct 9, 2010
Well, I'm pretty sure you can get it in his lecture notes "Next", but the trick kinda hurts your nose. Anyways a presentational idea I came up with (for people who can make smoke rings): Draw rings with a sharpie on a piece of paper, and do what grab a lighter from your pocket, doing the same thing that you'd do for portal (I hope I'm not exposing too much here but if you own the trick you'll know what I mean) then light the piece of paper on fire. After its burnt up, exhale a bunch of smoke rings from your mouth.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
just some more idea's smoke idea. Using a thumbtip you pour a small amount of water into your other hand, ditch the water filled tip, and blow through the hand producing smoke.

im also working out a card to mouth with patter of selling my soul to the devil to get that trick to work. Devil=hell=fire=smoke..

does anybody remember the trick where you reveal on your lip? i forgot what its called

I thought of a similar idea using water, but it is three phases. First you do water to ice. Pour water into your hand, squeeze, it becomes ice. Then the ice becomes vapor. You can topit the ice, blow into your hands because it's cold, and then the vapor comes from your hands.

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
I employ the SMOKE gimmick within my three coins vanish routine. Surprisingly, it's not very hard to load up the SMOKE during the vanish sequences if you know the natural moments of misdirection.
But I find blowing smoke to vanish the second coin to be the easiest in terms of when to use SMOKE.

Oct 9, 2010
I employ the SMOKE gimmick within my three coins vanish routine. Surprisingly, it's not very hard to load up the SMOKE during the vanish sequences if you know the natural moments of misdirection.
But I find blowing smoke to vanish the second coin to be the easiest in terms of when to use SMOKE.

First question: Are you actually Cyril?

I'm guessing you have the three coins signed in order to add the smoke to the effect?(tell me if that exposes too much)

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
I used to draw little mouth on my hand and make them move and talk, i don't know if you guys know what im talking about.
But if someone is smoking i draw the mouth, then put the cig in my hand like it's in the mouth. I can be lit or if you don't like cig smoke then not lit. Then you produce the smoke just like your hand smoked the cig.

I don't know if that makes sense of not.

Another idea is drawing a smoke alarm on a card or other object and producing the smoke and having the alarm go off. I have no method for this, but it's an idea

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results