Snap'D :: How Long?

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hey Everyone,

I decided to pick up Motion by d+M and really love it. I set myself a sort of "pace" saying that I will spend about 1 month on this move, or 2 weeks on that...etc. when learning new flourishes//moves..etc.

Anyway, I just tried Snap'D and it is pretty knacky!

I was wondering how long it took you all to get it accurate at least 6 or 7 out of every 10 times, or better yet, perfect it!

Thanks in advance for all replies!

Take care everyone,

-Sanj

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I never bothered you learn snap.d. Simply cuz you can achieve the same thing with a hot shot cut. You can shoot it across and behind the back, so there's no point for me to learn a new way to shoot a card.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hey Everyone,

I decided to pick up Motion by d+M and really love it. I set myself a sort of "pace" saying that I will spend about 1 month on this move, or 2 weeks on that...etc. when learning new flourishes//moves..etc.

Anyway, I just tried Snap'D and it is pretty knacky!

I was wondering how long it took you all to get it accurate at least 6 or 7 out of every 10 times, or better yet, perfect it!

Thanks in advance for all replies!

Take care everyone,

-Sanj

I have never liked the hot shot cut so I was pretty happy to find this in the motion dvd, I have to say that it is pretty knacky ...but to practice you could try to do the movement without the card ( I mean snapping and the wrist motion), the thing to remember also is that the card flyes vertically and not horizontally like in other cuts, Im sure you will get it in no time :D

to be sincere I get it 7 out of 10 everytime I do it, have fun practicing:p

EDIT: I forgot, it is knacky but not THAT knacky, Im sure that in a week or two you will get it

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I was able to pick this up in about a month of on and off, casual practicing. Recently it just sort of 'clicked' and I can launch and catch the card almost everytime now. I actually prefer this over a hot shot because the rest of the pack is not shifted and I feel it has a bit more freedom as to what you can do with the move. I've been having a lot of fun with this now. Keep working with it and it will begin to feel less and less awkward.
Also once you figure out how the card is actually able to shoot out at a vertical angle it should start to get better. For me, it started to work better once I understood the mechanics of the launch.

Hopefully that helps,

_CC

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 31, 2008
I still can't do it.

lol, then just for this one time, I would advise you to stop trying. Snap'd is a very knacky (way too knacky) move, and when it comes to shots, they all look the same, so I would advise you forget about trying to do snap'd and just try out another shot, why have a knacky shot like snap'd when you can have a very easy to do one? Seriously, some shots are almost self working, so don't waste time.

J

J:G

i got it in about a week. once you have it its pretty easy, and try in your other hand.
for me i couldn't do it in my left so i switched to my right and its soooooo much easyer

Dec 23, 2007
Florida :[
ive been doing it for over a year now. it took me like a month of practicing to get it perfect. But i need to get it into position to do it im trying to learn how to get into position with one hand

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
lol, then just for this one time, I would advise you to stop trying. Snap'd is a very knacky (way too knacky) move, and when it comes to shots, they all look the same, so I would advise you forget about trying to do snap'd and just try out another shot, why have a knacky shot like snap'd when you can have a very easy to do one? Seriously, some shots are almost self working, so don't waste time.

Cuz z0mg its d+M so its lyk hektik. Who da **** is Lennart Green hes an old **** nd we all kno dere's nuffin 2 b learnd from old stuff.

(Not directed at anyone in particular. Just general lulz)

Jan 31, 2008
Cuz z0mg its d+M so its lyk hektik. Who da **** is Lennart Green hes an old **** nd we all kno dere's nuffin 2 b learnd from old stuff.

(Not directed at anyone in particular. Just general lulz)

Um.... ok? I'd suggest going for a really easy shot like the hotshot cut or a thumb flick/propulsion, shots like those most anyone can do with proficiency in a few minutes. There are a bunch of really good shots and flicks out there, it's just finding one that you like and can actually do....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results