Sodium Acetate Trihydrate

4os

Dec 12, 2009
nor cal
so i have been looking into using Sodium Acetate Trihydrate as a magic trick. freeze water with my mind or something... does any one know of any one using Sodium Acetate Trihydrate and have any tips of how to preform with it and if there is anything i need to keep in mind wile handling it?

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
Personally, I've never used Sodium Acetate Trihydrate in any of MY tricks, but I do know of somebody that swears by it.

Sodium Acetate Trihydrate ranges in price depending on where you purchase it from. Also, unlike other chemicals, it is harmless. I suggest looking into buying some, in fact, I might even look into that...

4os

Dec 12, 2009
nor cal
Personally, I've never used Sodium Acetate Trihydrate in any of MY tricks, but I do know of somebody that swears by it.

Sodium Acetate Trihydrate ranges in price depending on where you purchase it from. Also, unlike other chemicals, it is harmless. I suggest looking into buying some, in fact, I might even look into that...

im going to for sure! but do you know if he had any trouble in handling?
ie. has it froze early? was the heat noticeable? anything?

I'm not familiar with that chemical, what is it used for, what can it do?
Its used in re-usable handwarmers, you click a metal disk which causes the superheated, then cooled liguid to instantly 'freeze'. Freeze being the key word, it chemically freezes but will be a think 59 degrees C.

I have thought of using it before, but never really spent time working with it.

HeavyMetal: You have to make sure every single crystal is completely melted otherwise it wont work.

J.

so i have been looking into using Sodium Acetate Trihydrate as a magic trick. freeze water with my mind or something... does any one know of any one using Sodium Acetate Trihydrate and have any tips of how to preform with it and if there is anything i need to keep in mind wile handling it?
there are better methods than this to achieve this method.....

u have the snow method....

the slush powder method....

u have an effect called freeze....

ive used it, and it took me a bit to learn how much to use to make the solution, etc. Dont get me wrong, if you mix the solution right it works like a charm! The trick is, you have to saturate your water without adding too much or too little. But you shouldn't drink the water. You can purchase it off line and prices will range. Thats probably what makes it the hardest to work with since you have to wait for shipments to be delivered.

As pointed out there are other methods out there, but I'm not familular with them. Be your own judge here.

ive used it, and it took me a bit to learn how much to use to make the solution, etc. Dont get me wrong, if you mix the solution right it works like a charm! The trick is, you have to saturate your water without adding too much or too little. But you shouldn't drink the water. You can purchase it off line and prices will range. Thats probably what makes it the hardest to work with since you have to wait for shipments to be delivered.

As pointed out there are other methods out there, but I'm not familular with them. Be your own judge here.
Just get a handwarmer. Its already premixed with water. Just cut it open, and your ready to go.

J.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results