Something New?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I came up with a way to "throw" a card. I am not sure if it is new or not but basically, the card can be thrown 2 feet (or less) or possibly 20 feet with some practice. Also, a note, unless you are throwing it far, there is barely any hand movement.

The card is thrown off the top of the deck of cards with almost no hand movements and while the cards are held in mechanics grip.

Since there is no movement, I was thinking this is what it could look like to a spectator:

Do an ACR routine and at the end, palm the card off the top of the deck and bring it up to chest/eye level. Make the card vanish (possibly using SMOKE?) and then they look down and right in front of them, on the table is their card. Keep in mind, this happens while you are on the opposite side of the table as them, and you never come near where that card is

What do you guys think? You think this could be cool and possibly be something that could bring up (or enhance?) some sweet effects?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Haha nice accent!! I am going to try...only problem is that it is like Card to Mouth...requires the spectators to look where you want them too...maybe I can get someone to video it as if the camera is their eyes...Point the camera where they would look, ya know? If I shot it constant on my entire body the whole time, it would be kinda obvious after you watch it a few times LOL

Like they say...you can rewind a video, but you cannot rewind real life. I will figure something out!!!

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Hm...
shots are usually quite hard to find a new one of...
Are you talking about Lennart Green's Top Shot? that might be it.
You might also be talking about... I forgot the name, but its basically a shot from the front of the deck with a flick of the index finger.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
In mine, the index finger does not move at all.

Compared to the Top Shot...There is WAY less movement than that, and when the card is thrown off the deck, it is spinning as if it would be if you deal out a card to someone. In other words, spinning like the card is when someone performs the hummer floating card

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
My hand HAD to go out of frame for the move so it wasn't seen, but note: my arm holding the card moves barely, if at all, and there isn't any weird flex or anything like that in my biceps, forearm or anywhere for that matter

Jan 31, 2010
How can we have any thoughts if we can't see the move? If you really want opinions you'll need to have your hand and the deck in frame.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Your video did nothing what so ever.
Sorry.
You could have easily thumbed off the card onto the table couldn't you?
I understand you want to keep this move a secret and all... but really. How new could a card toss/ shot be? If you really want some form of positive assurance, you will have to show someone (hopefully someone knowledgeable).
And you do realize the Top Shot already has minimal movement of the hands... its just one finger with no arm movement.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Using the middle finger and ring finger to spin a card is an old old idea.
I have no idea who the first was... but. This is definitely not new.
I dont think I have seen your exact handling... but there are many similar ones.
If you ask around, I am sure someone will have seen it before.
Nice try though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results