Sorcerers Safari

The average age of people that are there are 8-20. I'm 14 right now also.

there are 3 areas of cabins and in each area, they have 3-4 cabins.

Area 1: Little kids

Area 2: Aged from 12-15

Area 3: Aged from 16-20

The price is around $1000 Canadian.

Yes, you do need to arrange accommodations.

Food? The food is great there. You will not get hungry.

What time of year. Well summer camp is at the end of august usually. This years camp date was August 25 to August 31.

There is also a march break camp last years march break camp only had 16 campers attending (only 5 days though)

For more information, please visit www.SorcerersSafari.ca

Wow, if you watch the video on that main page, (From 2006) at around 2:40 isn't that the kid from the one Criss Angel episode? I just double checked, he's when there's 3:20 left. Someone Confirm?

And what did people usually do for accomodations? Did the kids have their parents come or live close by or something?

Thanks,
Evan

Lionsden:

I am pretty sure that the person did not fully understand your question about accommodations (or maybe I do not). But as far as I am concerned you are asking whether or not you need to purchase a hotel room of some sort.

The answer is no. It is an overnight camp, the cabin you are assigned to has (usually) around 10 kids and 12 bunks. Lights out will be around midnight as you are 14 and will be 15 next year (?). The cabins are included in the price for camp, and no extra fee is charged; everyone who goes to camp, sleeps at camp.

The food is great, although on occasion will give you a "crappy" time ;). Taking a shower is ok if you know what time to go (ask around and people will give you advice as to when to go to get the smallest line, if any). The people are great, the magic is great, and the time spent there is great. This year was my first year, and I will be going there every coming year from now on.

As far as driving in from MA goes; I flew from Logan in Boston into Toronto. I forget the exact amount it cost, but it is not too bad and being able to go to Sorcerer's is well worth the price. If you do decide to fly into Canada through Logan, shoot me an e-mail or a PM and I'll give you all the information you need to forward onto your parents. Plus, if we fly in at the same time, I'll help you out at the airport too and you will therefore most likely not need unaccompanied minor service.

I look forward to seeing you next year,
~Magically Dave

Aug 31, 2007
Newton, MA
I would love to go next year! Unfortunately it is going to be my summer before Senior year, so who knows if I can. How many campers will be 17-18? I really don't think age matters a lot, but just wondering how many are in my age group. I will definitely bring it up with my parents...but bleh...college applications o_O
Adam

Lionsden:

I am pretty sure that the person did not fully understand your question about accommodations (or maybe I do not). But as far as I am concerned you are asking whether or not you need to purchase a hotel room of some sort.

The answer is no. It is an overnight camp, the cabin you are assigned to has (usually) around 10 kids and 12 bunks. Lights out will be around midnight as you are 14 and will be 15 next year (?). The cabins are included in the price for camp, and no extra fee is charged; everyone who goes to camp, sleeps at camp.

The food is great, although on occasion will give you a "crappy" time ;). Taking a shower is ok if you know what time to go (ask around and people will give you advice as to when to go to get the smallest line, if any). The people are great, the magic is great, and the time spent there is great. This year was my first year, and I will be going there every coming year from now on.

As far as driving in from MA goes; I flew from Logan in Boston into Toronto. I forget the exact amount it cost, but it is not too bad and being able to go to Sorcerer's is well worth the price. If you do decide to fly into Canada through Logan, shoot me an e-mail or a PM and I'll give you all the information you need to forward onto your parents. Plus, if we fly in at the same time, I'll help you out at the airport too and you will therefore most likely not need unaccompanied minor service.

I look forward to seeing you next year,
~Magically Dave

Thank you, that is what I was wondering.

Where you located if you fly out of Logan? And how far is camp from where the airport is?

About how much money should you bring? I might be able to get my parents to pay for flights, but I'd like to bring some personal spending money.

And ya, if you're going and I end up going, same flight would be good!
I've never flown or gone out of the state alone, so it'd be my first time.

And my birthday's august 12th, so I'd hit 15 just before camp if it's the same time.

Is there anything special to bring? Sleeping bags, pillows,? Anything not like clothes (Sweatshirts, tshirts, jeans, shorts, and a bathing suit all are kinda obvious.)

Thanks,
Evan

Well Evan seems like we would both be coming from MA, all of these questions are great and I would also like to know the answers.

Yea, and David Rysin's MA somewhere to I believe.

How old are you Baskit? If we all ended up going we could try and all hop on one flight, make the airport crazy!

Another question, how's airport security about flash paper and other crazy gimmicks?

Thanks,
Evan

Aug 31, 2007
Newton, MA
I will be 17 in a month. Not sure about airport, you might have to ship it up or something. Hopefully I have time to go and not have to focus on college apps and visiting!
Adam

AaronFisher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
www.aaronfishermagic.com
Hey Guys,

Sorcerer's Safari stands as one on the most powerful magic experiences i've ever been a part of. When you join us, you'll be amazed at how much you can learn when you have a change to spend an entire week with artists you respect. Not only will you learn from guys like Wayne and Lee, you'll hang out with them - they'll be your counselors. Over the course of the week, you'll have a chance to learn more about magic than many people do in a whole lifetime. If you join us, you'll find out exactly what i mean.

In fact, In think camp makes a good model for what this forum can become. With real effort, we can build a place where serious magicians have a chance to interact in a healthy, positive way with artists who understand what 'campers' really need. If we build a home here, we have a chance to help you turn your dreams into reality. If you know there's a place you can receive the help you need, when you need it, you'll create much better magic then you ever would otherwise.

Gratefully,

Aaron

To read more of my thoughts on camp go to http://aaronfishermagic.wordpress.com

It's the very first entry, so scroll down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, so you going again Aaron?
I'm 70% most likely going, I think I just gotta find a way to come up with 1k dollars. (Anyone got a definite price in american $?)
But anyways, does anyone know who's going next year? Is Wayne going back?
Is anyone definitely going back?
Who else on the forums is going?

Thanks,
Evan

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Sorcerers Safari Magic Camp Experience

Sorcerers Safari, Canada's magic camp ran once again with a stellar cast, beautiful weather and an amazing location.
150 Magicians from all over the world gathered in Haliburton Ont. to learn, talk and perform magic. This was our 11th year. Truly, it does seem that every summer gets better and better.

Especially exciting this summer was the preview of Theory 11, a new approach to online magic, presented personally by some of the team themselves.
Guests this year included Wayne Houchin, FISM Champion Greg Frewin, Gold Cup winner Oscar Munoz, card stars and authors Lee Asher, Aaron Fisher and Tyler Wilson, and a host of other professional performers.

Campers this summer came from as far away as Spain, France, England and Germany and from coast to coast across Canada and the USA.
Really, an international group of young magicians, aged ten to twenty years old.

There are no words that can adequately describe the EXPERIENCE of Sorcerers Safari. You really have to be there to get it. It is MAGIC.
http://Sorcerers-Safari.com

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
Where else can you get all of this plus much more?

Great action shot of Wayne hitting the ball in one of camp's many non-magic related activities.
wayne_houchin_ball.jpg

Photo by Carey Lauder

Another great action shot of Aaron Fisher vanishing his deck - causing a PANIC!
fisher_camp_panic.jpg

Photo by Carey Lauder

The theater we perform in nightly - It's called the Pinetages.
sorcerers_safari_summer_mag.jpg

Photo by Carey Lauder

Join Magic Mike Segal next summer at Sorcerers Safari Summer Magic Camp
mike_segal_magic_camp.jpg

Photo by Carey Lauder

Immerse yourself in the rich art of magic, make friends and life-long memories, all while enjoying the great outdoors!

Sorcerers Safari Summer Magic Camp -- Canada's Premier Magic Camp

You know I'll be there next year!

Asher

Dang Lee! Now you make me so wanna go!

Stupid money... lol!

Thanks,
Evan

(PS: If you go to my gotta make a routine thread, if I get a 20 minute routine my dad'll sponsor me $50, which is 20 closer to being able to go since I gotta buy panic.)

Thanks again,
Evan

AaronFisher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
www.aaronfishermagic.com
Honestly - If i were still in school, i couldn't think of a better reason to discover my inner money maker - it's worth saving up, begging your parents and even holding off on buying PANIC if it helps. Once you get up there, you'll have a week with Lee and I and the rest of the gang - your magic will SO thank you for it.

Gratefully,
Aaron

Sep 3, 2007
I live in England and iv been for last 2 years! This year i was concellor in training and it was awesome. You make friends for life like Aaron and lee are some of the nicest guys you will ever meet...everyone at camp is so taleted and a pleasure to be around. Ill be there every year until they tell me i cant come anymore! Miss all you guys already :)

P.s Aaron thanks for helping me catch my plane on time it was close for a minute there buddy.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Wow this sounds like a lot of fun. Are there any magicians in San Francisco or that area that go? I'd love to be able to meet up with one of you and fly out there. Man I'd love to be able to get some real live feedback on my effects and evolve my magic to that kind of level. PM me if you live in/ near sf and you go to the camp. Thanks!
dM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results