Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Hey Guys,

Over the last few months I have noticed a huge increase in spam on this website. I know JB, Jon, and the others here at T11 work their butts off to get rid of it, but I'm wondering why there is such an influx of it? Is it viruses or computers that just instantly log on to website such as this and put up their advertisements. I'm just curious. I have been reporting mass quantities of these but a lot keep coming back. I even saw one with a nude picture (not that that was a huge deal...... :) Again, this is in no way a knock on anyone here at Theory 11 as I know they get rid of them all the time. I'm just curious as to the reason of the increase. Thanks.

Chris

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I know it's annoying and seems to happen every morning when I'm on from between 3 and 5 am EST. They have things like you have to type in certain letters that are suppose to block bots from spamming but if its a person or an upgraded program thats probably how they are getting around it.

The only thing you can do is report it and wait for a mod to come on and delete it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well, there's honestly not a lot people can do to stop ordinary people signing up and spamming. They mostly do it in the wee hours of the morning when most people, at least in North America, are asleep, to maximise visibility. Short of doing a Magic Café, it probably won't be stopped in its entirety, although anti-spambot devices do help.

Sep 16, 2008
Some time ago at dananddave.com they sent a friendship request to everyone, may be that was there way to fight spammers.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Although the spam is a little more heavy as of late - largely due to the Rising Card app and associated links in the iTunes store - we're doing our best to combat it in every way possible.

Our biggest defense against spam, however, is the "Report Post" button. Once we're notified of the posts, we can take the appropriate action - so keep an eye out guys!

If you should have any further questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to PM me personally. Hope this clears things up, guys. We're definitely trying! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results