Stage Talent Show

So, here's the idea. A camcorder will be inserted in the projector and then flashed on the white screen. I will stand to the left of the large white screen. I will be doing flourishes as an introduction with music from Dana Hocking. I'm probably going to be using the Bicycle Centurions music that stars Daniel Madison. After fans, cuts, and show cases (for how long the music is going) the music will end and the CD will play another song by Dana Hocking but at a low volume so I can introduce myself. After I introduce myself, I will get into stories and finally into thread. Possibly, i will do Tagged by Rich Ferguson. Tell me what you think would give this schedule a boost. Thanks.

Oct 11, 2008
I don't recommend thread for stage magic. I think it can be good to get attention, but it's just not that magical, it's more of a weird body trick. Also, I think it may be hard to go from thread, right into Tagged. As for flourishing, I would never do that for other people, but if it's quick and you can do some very good looking moves, I can see it working.
As for what else to do, the best advice I, or anyone else can give you, is make it flow. Personally, whenver I perform I become a character. You need to find that, but it being a school (im assuming) show and you will know people it may be harder to get into that personna--a main reason I don't seriously perform for friends/family, but that's kind of off topic.
I think that because it's a talen show, visual hard hitting effects are the best bet. Tagged would be great, as would flow or a bill change. I'd stay away from effects that are reserved to be even too extreme, such as stigmata.

That's just my input, and I kind of ramble. Best of luck in the talent show, and if you can, record it for us. :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results