Standard Magic and simple stuff

As happy as I am about being part of a New Forum with some old friends and familar names, I do hope T-11 will stock standard magic supplies and other simple stuff. Since I left ellusionist I have been buying from several suppliers. I loved the fact that I could get almost anything I needed from ellusionist.
JBayme: If you catch this, I am good for 2 cases a month of regular bikes (red) and3 boxes a month of loops, and 12 flash pads per month.
Come to think of it, I am running low on IT as well. My bill at "e" ran about $500.00 a month. I like spending my money with people I like.

So far, I am LOVIN this place!

Curtis "Miles of Magic"

Sep 1, 2007
I see some familiar faces in here...

I agree with you Curtis. I'm hoping they make a small section with the regular everyday props a normal magician needs. Some regular Bicycle cards are the main thing I would like to see, but some thread, markers, etc, would be nice.

I don't want to see this place over run with too many useless products, but the things that need replaced from time to time like I mentioned above would definitely be a plus for the site.

I see you left KardIllusions behind Scott. ;)

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
I think this would also be great. Some standard accessories and some standard tricks (ID, etc.) would be a great addition to the store. Maybe even a couple of highly praised DVD's, and a couple of books too.

Nothing to the extent of other dealers, just the cream of the crop so to speak.

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Actually I would rather them not get other magic products. I would like to see them stick to their own product line. I think accessories would be perfect, but only a few. I think they should even keep thumbtips off there shelves. People can get things like that elsewhere.

If they want to stand out from the rest of the competition, I think they should stick with their own line up of products and only a few accessories like I mentioned in my above post.

If they feel the need to get any products in this site of someone else's...the only products I feel should be beginners books such as Royal Road to Card Magic, Modern Coin Magic and so forth. When I mention these titles, I mean books...not DVDs. The beginners need to learn the mechanics that make a proper foundation the same way the professionals did before all of this technology came into play.

T11's products are not going to make magic better by attracting the beginners. These products are going advance the art of magic if they are only performed by the ones that already have been learning and performing for sometime. An absolute beginner is not going to come here, learn Panic and then advance magic as a whole. It's the ones that already have the foundation and understanding of magic that will make magic grow forward with the use of these products. Not someone that thinks their double lift is mastered only after a month of practicing....

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
There are too many places to get your "standard" magic equipment that have already created a large online presence and a good brand identity. I think it would be smart only to carry things that are integral to the effects that are purchased here. Anyone can buy a deck of bicycles from a game outlet for dirt cheap, so why would a company try to contend with that when they could just put out DVDs and instructional pamphlets/books on hard hitting effects?

Sep 1, 2007
Anyone can buy a deck of bicycles from a game outlet for dirt cheap

You're not thinking "other countries" anyone. You're only thinking of where you live....So no, actually not everyone can. There's people across seas that are unable to buy Bicycle brand cards and the some that can, the decks are very expensive.

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Sep 1, 2007
England

You're not thinking "other countries" anyone. You're only thinking of where you live....So no, actually not everyone can. There's people across seas that are unable to buy Bicycle brand cards and the some that can, the decks are very expensive.

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

I appreciate your concern Dave but over here I can get bikes for about $3 a pack and free shipping.

Once you add shipping from the states and import tax I can't see T11 beating that. In addition to all that it takes longer so...

Tom

Sep 1, 2007
You make a valid point that after taxes and what not it would be more expensive, but that still doesn't change the fact that some countries (other than yours) it's very difficult to find a deck of Bicycles.

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Sep 2, 2007
There are hundreds if not thousands of online dealers that stock run-of-the-mill supplies like bikes, IT, thumbtips, silks, sponge balls, etc. This site doesn't need any of that to be successful. I've never, ever bought a deck of regular bikes at E, because I can drive to Wal Mart or Costco and buy them there. I shop at E for the Killer effects and good customer service. If you can't buy bikes in your area/country, you can probably find them online somewhere, or just buy whatever cards you can get your hands on where you live. Drug store cards may not fan that well, but they pass, double lift, and overhand shuffle well enough that I can do magic with them if they're all I have access to.

Why would anyone buy regular bikes mail order, unless they are unable to find them where they live.

A deck of cards won't last me but 30 mins when I am working. I burn up three to five decks a night. I do lots of signed card routines, and give them to the specs as a keepsake. I also provide supplies for two other magicians, that being said, I buy bikes in bulk when and where I can.

Curtis "Miles of Magic"

Wow...dude that's a lot, I can't imagine spending that much, you must have a good job to keep up with those habits, I also hope they start selling stuff as well, Id rather buy from here than E.

-RA69

Some times it's a great job, other times I wish I were a plumber, or brick mason, or anything but a magician. That is only 10% of the time. Most of the time I am very happy.

Curtis "Miles of Magic"

There are too many places to get your "standard" magic equipment that have already created a large online presence and a good brand identity. I think it would be smart only to carry things that are integral to the effects that are purchased here. Anyone can buy a deck of bicycles from a game outlet for dirt cheap, so why would a company try to contend with that when they could just put out DVDs and instructional pamphlets/books on hard hitting effects?

I agree, there are too many. I just like to be loyal with my suppliers. If I like people or companies, I do all I can to give them as much of my business as possible. I am just "old school" about certain things. Fords and Toyotas, Frosted Flakes and Rice crispies ( and fruity pebles). I am stuck on brands I supose.

Curtis "Miles of Magic"

Seems weird seeing names I know from the other forum. Since I was new there and my forum name was just in the shadows, but now with this forum, I have a fair new start. :D

Even though standard supplies of magic is pretty much everywhere, its nice to have just one place to go to for all of your magic needs, but also on the other hand, having a place where only the rare and unique magic tricks can be bought is also cool without having to go through pages and pages of selections.

Oh, I have just thought about something here, if T-11 starts to supply standard magic supplies, would that fit into what Theory 11 is about? Since having standard stock like other magic places, it would turn into any other magic shop right?

- Charles :cool:

Sep 1, 2007
Miles, the point I was trying to make was that you can buy a case of Bikes from Sam's Club, etc, and pay only a $1.00 a deck, why would you buy from T or E?

If I'm not mistaken you are from S.C., You luck dog, beautiful state!!! Why not hit your local Costco and buy in bulk and save the shipping? The shipping for a case of Bikes from E or T is as much as the case itself

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results