Start of the Stunt - Details & Invitation to Anyone in NYC

For the record, i met this fellow magician today who i exchanged phone numbers with.
He came all the way from France just to see this special/stunt. Hes a great performer too. Really cool guy.
We jammed for awhile with another magician and then did some walk around.
Just goes to show you how big of an impact Blaine is that magicians from ALL OVER THE WORLD are coming just for this stunt.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island
If any of you guys are in NYC, definitely come out in the morning or anytime tomorrow to support DB and see the stunt live. Dan White, Doug McKenzie, and I will be there throughout most of the day starting at dawn - most of the week. If you can stop by, definitely find one of us to chat. Just look for three unusually good looking, handsome people. Then ask those people if they know where Dan, Doug, or I am.

In all seriousness, we'd love to see anyone that can make it out. Just look for us at the site and we can rap, jam, and admire the view. We were down at the site of the stunt late tonight, and everything looks to be coming together amazingly well and ready for the big start tomorrow morning at 8:30am EST. I think that they will be broadcasting the entry live on Good Morning America starting around 8:15am - 8:45am.

So how big is the crowd and how would i find you guys a midst all of those people? but if i get lucky I would love to talk to you guys.

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
Alrighty everyone. Spent the morning over at the rink, and got some great photos and videos shot, which can now be seen here:

http://nymagicproject.com/news/20080922.htm

For a higher-quality version of our brief interview with David, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laRDRRtsLnE and click on "watch in high quality" under the video near the time counter.

We'll be continuing to post more videos (they take awhile to upload due to the large sizes of the HD files we create). To stay current, keeping checking in over the next few days over at www.youtube.com/nymagicproject

Enjoy!

Kevin

Sep 2, 2007
Too lazy to read the thread. Will it be shown on t.v?
Yes, it will be shown on television -- national television, to be specific -- and it will air on ABC from 9:00pm to 11:00pm this Wednesday, the 24th of September.

P.S. -- If you'd like, instead of reading this thread and my subsequent post, you can also check out the official promo video for the "Dive of Death" in the Media section; the promo itself is pretty cool and the special should be awesome. ;)

P.S.S. -- I can't wait to head out to Central Park and Wollman's Rink myself. Should be very exciting.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
Oh this will be fun to watch:D *grabs popcorn* *but forgets it's not Wednesday*=P
Not sure if you have seen this thread, but from that brief glimpse, the special should be -- and is -- simply amazing. From the interviews given by Dan White (with JB) on iTricks, as well as some from David Blaine himself, the magic that will be featured in this special is the crème de la crème, some of the best that has been put out there. It should truly be incredible.

In addition, there is a very special ending to the stunt on Wednesday that is planned to taken place, which might definitely be worth checking out in person. I know I'll be there. Will you? ;)

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
So I wanted to share some of my photos with you guys of the event.

First one is just a general photo of Blaine on Day one. I believe it was about FIve Hours in.

The second one is from 7:30 this morning. As you can see, He can come down close to the crowd to talk and take pictures. You can also see him in his warm night clothing.

I have been spending a lot of time down there.

He gets to stand straight up when he gets his urine back emptied (that lasts about ten mins. I timed it.) and streches a lot to keep the blood flow.

The team around him were saying they were going to make him a bed tonight out of a rock climbs sling that climbs use to sleep when the climb, and a heating blanket cause his body is not generating heat anymore.

He also said that is challenege is definitly one that he "Underestimated."

-Jacob

Attachments

• Blaine Stunt 1.JPG
    Blaine Stunt 1.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Blaine Stunt 2.JPG
    Blaine Stunt 2.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 59
Sep 2, 2007
Another thing to note.

It seems very quite around him. People whisper and don't know what to say.

His eyes are getting really red and swollen.

But the whole mood changes when he smiles at the crowd. Take a look at the first picture.

The second photo is of him in the air doing his streches.

-Jacob

Attachments

• Blaine Smile.JPG
    Blaine Smile.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 42
  • blaine in air.JPG
    blaine in air.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 53
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results