Starting rubberband magic

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
A lot of rubber band effects seem to be scattered around different DVD's. You could get Calen Morelli's Transit (which may or may not be too much for a beginner in rubber band magic...hopefully someone who does Transit can chime in here), Marcus Eddie's Stairway, Chris Kenner's Missing Link, and Alex Pandrea's LINX as instant downloads here on T11. Crazy Mans Hand Cuffs is a classic rubber band effect that can be gotten as an instant download on penguin. Also, I believe Dan Harlan has a [somewhat older] DVD called Band Shark that is solely rubber band magic which can also be gotten at penguin.

Oh, and just an FYI, when you go buy rubber bands, the ideal size is #19 [dimension 3-1/2 x 1/16]. Also, try to get them latex-free...they stretch WAY more than a normal rubber band which, in turn, makes them WAY easier to work with. I also think that in rubber band magic, bright colored bands is the way to go...IMO, stay away from the tan colored bands. I have some and hate them. Let me know if you need help finding latex-free bands!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
If you want to start with rubber band magic, DO NOT start with Calen Morelli's Transit (cannot say much more do to exposure). Just trust me on that one. I also wouldn't start with Missing Link by Chris Kenner, or LINX by Alex Pandrea. If you really want to start off with single effect download, than definitely go with Crazy Mans Handcuffs. What I would do is get Daniel Garcia's "Bent, Touch, Slink" as he teaches both crazy man handcuffs and slink, which flow great together as a routine (those are the only rubber band effects, apart from Stairway by Marcus Eddie, that I do).

Now, if you want a lot of rubber band sleights and effects than go either with "Russel Leeds - Banding Around" or "Extreme Rubber Band Magic by Joe Rindfleisch".

Nov 6, 2010
India
rubberband magic by dan harlan is a 3 dvd set by dan harlan and can be bought from penguin
banding around by russel leeds and more banding around by russel leeds tooo are great sources for rubberband magic

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Wow, I had no idea of those DVD's that you guys mentioned. Now that I really think about it, I think rubber band magic is starting to become one of my favorites!

Oh and Toby, thank you for clearing that up - I do not own or perform or know how to do Transit so I didn't know the difficulty and if it would be good for a beginner or not. I simply put it up there because it was a rubber band effect!

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I wouldn't start off with Daniel Garcia's BentTouchSlink. The crazy mans handcuffs is good but the linking rubberbands trick, I forgot which one it was, is really hard. I would start off with Extreme Rubberband Magic by Joe Rindfleisch. It's got some killer rubberband tricks. Tons of them. But as a beginner, you need to just pick up a Rubberband and just play with it to get familiar with holding them and controlling them.

Sep 20, 2009
Link - Nabil

Extreme Rubber Band Magic - Joe Rindfleisch (Recommended)

Rubber Band Magic - Greg Moreland

Elastrix Vol 1

Elastrix Vol 2

Joe Rindfleisch -Jumper

The Band-Shark - Dan Harlan

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Every Rubber Band DVD that has been mentioned is great! You guys beat me to this thread...ha ha.

JGD...just be sure to put in the time to make it look smooth as well. It will be frustrating at first because bands will be flying off your fingers every direction possible and you will want to quit but I promise the patience and determination you put in will be worth it.

Dec 6, 2010
Hey guys thank for all the feedback but I have one more question I'm thinking about getting all six DGP and i was wondering is rubber made a hard rubber band trick or do you think after doing crazy man's handcuffs I could do it?

Hey guys thank for all the feedback but I have one more question I'm thinking about getting all six DGP and i was wondering is rubber made a hard rubber band trick or do you think after doing crazy man's handcuffs I could do it?

In my opinion, no its not difficult. If you got crazy mans handcuffs down, I don't think you will have a problem with that one.

Jun 10, 2010
Link - Nabil

Extreme Rubber Band Magic - Joe Rindfleisch (Recommended)

Rubber Band Magic - Greg Moreland

Elastrix Vol 1

Elastrix Vol 2

Joe Rindfleisch -Jumper

The Band-Shark - Dan Harlan

Dan Harlan + Joe Rindfleisch = Best two for band magic. Any DVDs of theirs on bands are worth checking out. For starters, Band Shark (Harlan) or Extreme Rubber Band Magic (Rindfleisch) are the best two. Don't listen to the guys recommending $10 downloads for bands, there's tons more magic that's cheaper and WAY better. $10 t11 downloads and DGP? You can do WAY better.

For rubberbands: http://www.dykemarubberband.com/specialty_rubber_bands.php

Don't be afraid to break bands, they're 8 bucks for 1,750. There's plenty of good outs for band magic, a particular favorite is Jumper (Joe Rindfleisch). If you need any help help with band magic, or just want to discuss it, shoot me a PM anytime. Got a few original creations (to my knowledge, haven't fully researched them yet) I'd love to share. Any friend of bands is a friend of mine. <-- Cheesy, cliche statement, but you get the point. Bands are the shizzle.

Sorry for the short help, but if you need anything else - just ask.

Jun 10, 2010
T11 sell some of good stuff for rubberband magic...
i used it alot^^

For the price it costs you to build one routine off of pure t11 downloads, you could buy material to make 5-6 EASILY. Price check Transit, LINX, Stairway, and Missing Link. Then price check Extreme Rubber Band Magic, Elastrix, or Band Shark. For the price for beginners, you gain way more for your money buying any one of those. Not trying to directly take sales away from t11, but for most guys, any one of those three is more than enough for a while... And you're likely to find better versions out there anywhere. For Stairway? Harlan and Rindfleisch both have a better version than stairway of traveling cash on their DVDs (although it's originally Harlan's, I believe). Linx and Missing Link? SOO many more better linking band effects than that.

My personal recommendations, in order of what you should get (beginners, and it varies after you get one and study them):
Extreme Rubber Band Magic
Band Shark
Elastrix

After these, with any one you should be set, but if you want more, check out Greg Moreland's 2 DVD set.

EDIT: Sorry, but I just rewatched Linx, and I take back my former statements on it. The Pandrea download is actually a lot better than I remembered, but there's a great in-the-spectator's-hands linking effect on Extreme Rubber Band Magic which would flow smoothly. All in all, if you're going to end up buying t11 band magic, LINX might actually be the one worth buying the most (in my opinion).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results