Stepping up from closeup rings to full sized (10-12") without breaking the bank?

Aug 26, 2022
I want to get the standard set 8 of full sized rings that would be just good enough to use on the street, searching through the other much angrier cafe forum suggests ProLine but it's kind of more than I want to spend just to start performing and practicing the effect and I can't really find any information on cheaper sets.
The cheap set that I see listed a lot by Mr. Magic seems to be quite thin from what I've seen/read.

Can anyone recommend a cheap set that can be vouched for as not completely terrible? Thanks.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I've got a Prolines and I like them. They did take a while to get completed after I ordered them, but they are good quality. I think people say they are inexpensive compared to Owens rings.

I've also got a set similar to the Mr. Magic (would have to dig to find the original box they came in). They will do for a street performance or a parlor performance where the audience is close but not too well for a stage or larger group. They are solid and thinner.

Maybe a middle choice would be Michael Ammar's rings. They are $245 for a 5 ring set and $295 for a 12 ring set on his website.

Reactions: comradecorn
Aug 26, 2022
I did see the Ammar's and if I end up making any money / wanting a better set I'd probably go with those.
Right now if I were in the US I'd get a random used set, I see some stuff on ebay for really reasonable prices but the shipping over here is like a hundred bucks which sorta rules that option out.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results