Sticky Situation...

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Hey guys,
I bought some of Michael Ammar's Magic Wax a while ago and it's been in my closet for some time... (I haven't gotten around to performing effects that use it regularly) so I kept the lid on tight so it wouldn't dry out. Now I've finally started to work with some IT and thought I'd knock the dust off the ol' Magic Wax... well, it's ok, but it's not dry enough, if you can believe it... It makes a real mess and sticks all over my IT making it, well, not-so-invisible. I thought about taking the lid off for a while to make it a little harder and more manageable, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to fix the problem. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

-Matt

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
The Micheal Ammar wax is NOT meant for IT work.

It is intended, mainly, for card on ceiling, but does have other applications, but generally IT is not one of them.

What you need is plain old bees wax. It will seem too hard at first, but just kneed a bit of it in between your fingers and it will become familiar.

You can buy it in sheets and blocks. I actually ended up buying a block the size of a gold brick, lol. Sadly it was the only size available in my area. I used to just get it from craft stores all the time, but I am living in a more remote area now.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
The Micheal Ammar wax is NOT meant for IT work.

It is intended, mainly, for card on ceiling, but does have other applications, but generally IT is not one of them.

What you need is plain old bees wax. It will seem too hard at first, but just kneed a bit of it in between your fingers and it will become familiar.

You can buy it in sheets and blocks. I actually ended up buying a block the size of a gold brick, lol. Sadly it was the only size available in my area. I used to just get it from craft stores all the time, but I am living in a more remote area now.

That's strange. Don't you think they should note what kind of wax it is before selling it to you? I bought it from E and they say that its "Perfect to use with Invisible Thread in floating effects."

Check it out: http://www.ellusionist.com/order/michael-ammar-magicians-wax.htm?cat=75

Sep 3, 2007
that kinda happened to mine and i just threw mine in the fridge overnight and it was almost rock hard in the morning...i let it warm up a little and it was back to normal

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results