Street Magic Video

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
Hey, Im making a street magic montage video. I have quite a bit of footage from different locations (from springfield illinois to missouri and every where in between). All i have to do is edit the best of the footage and maybe make some more with some new tricks i have learned. The reason for this thread however is to help me decide what song(s) to use as a soundtrack. I need something with rhythm and a good tempo but not to fast.

I was thinking:

Bleed It Out- Linkin Park
In the End- Linkin Park
Lose Yourself- Eminem
Sing For The Moment- Eminem
Never Enough- Eminem
Boulevard Of Broken Dreams- Green Day
Unwell- Matchbox 20
Alive- Papa Roach
Roses On My Grave- Papa Roach
Fortune Faded- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Soul To Squeeze- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Slow Motion- Third Eye Blind
Crystal Baller- Third Eye Blind

I want it to reflect me, and i think these do that. I dont really like rap ( im more of a red hot chili peppers, sublime, third eye blind, steve miller band- guy) but these have good rhythm and great lyrics.

I wanted to know what you think about my suggestions and also i want you to make your own suggestions as well.

Any and All comments are appreciated! THANK YOU!!

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
It is good to make the montage around the song. For example if you choose something like Lose yourself then it should be a lot quicker and more high energy whereas if you were to choose something like sing for the moment it would be more of a somber piece with more of an emotional hook.

Sorry I was Listening to Eminem a lot today.

May 10, 2008
I agree with benjamind. I find that it works better as it it gives your video a nice steady tempo. Another thing that I do; listen to the music and think about how itll look. Also pick a song that isnt crazy fast or really slow, for example, im working on a vid at the moment, and im using "Dont call it a comeback" by Motion City Soundtrack. Its fast at the right parts and slow at the right parts, allowing me to put variation in it.

Hope I didnt confuse you.

Sep 29, 2007
If your taste in music is quite singular, i.e you only listen to rock, or only listen to rap etc then picking your favourite song to use probly isnt the best idea, i think you need to listen to a wide range of music to see what naturaly goes with the sort of moves your pulling off, and you need to think about weather or not you want sound in the video(you and ur spectator speaking etc), i find rock tracks with alot of singing in distracts from whats happening, im a big fan of instrumentals in magic videos

Sep 1, 2007
Dude. No way. If you want good music, go for The Pixies or The Flaming Lips.

Monkey Gone to Heaven--Pixies
Lightning Strikes the Postman--Flaming Lips

Check 'em out.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results