Submersion vs Riot

Oct 6, 2007
I got both of these effects and both are similar but different at the same time.
I myself belive that submersion is far more efficeint and I will tell you why
So lets compare the two

Submersion: Two selected cards visually come together melting through the deck.

Riot: One card visually melts its way up to the top of the deck

Unlike Riot, Submersion is 100% Completly impromtu, shuffled borrowed deck signed cards, and best of all no gimmick. I mean you cant beat that. That is HUGE! and Its a nice addition to my "impromtu" list. consisting of Clutch, ACR and, triumph. The visual on it is so awesome and is so clean unlike riot you can fairly show the side of the deck, to prove that the cards are in two completley different locations with cards in between them. You start clean and you end clean just the way I like it. The deck can be immediatley handed out for examination.

So if you like riot defintly get your hands on this one www.illcenter.com

Submersion by Danny Case

Sep 5, 2007
Maybe it's just me? I didn't see any similarity at all between the two effects. None. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Jul 2, 2008
London, Ontario
Submersion isn't anywhere near as visual as riot, and it also isn't as angle proof as riot. Over all they have very little in common; however, I would always perfrom Riot over Submersion.

Sep 1, 2007
England
I don't get submersion... I mean, what's the point in the effect? Nothing particulalry interesting happens.

It would be far better if the two cards stopped with one card between them which was a selection or something like that, but two cards just moving through the pack is not that exciting.

Tom

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Well, to be fair, just by watching the preview I've come up with a bit of patter for Submersion. If used in an Anniversary Waltz type effect, the two cards could be "attracted" to each other, and then that could lead straight on into the classic plot.

But I do agree, Riot's much more direct, visual and simple. Love it.

-Sam H

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
Submersion isn't anywhere near as visual as riot, and it also isn't as angle proof as riot. Over all they have very little in common; however, I would always perfrom Riot over Submersion.

Actually Riot is pretty jacked up angle wise. Also, consider the fact you can't ALWAYS have a gimmick on you. Submersion you can do with ANY deck. Don't single one out. They all have their merits at the right time and place.

Personally I like Submersion better and it's a shame it isn't getting more press elsewhere.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
While both effects LOOK nice, it seems they both have a number of problems. Now, that isn't to detract from either of them, as I have no issue with gimmicks, OR angle control, It's just an observation. As it stands, I think RIOT looks better, It just seems more of an impossible effect and looks a lot smoother. Oh, but on the other hand, I don't see why these two effects must be compared... I mean, if it's simply because they're kinda similar, then surely we should look at all effects of this type- Shifty, SWElevator, Futagawa's elevator, Raise Rise, Et al...

CL

Sep 5, 2007
Oh don't get me wrong... sub looked really great. It's just not the same "effect" as riot. I've heard that riot is very angly, but one is a rise to the top, the other is not (or am I mistaken?).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results