Swami Gimmick

Jan 28, 2009
Belgium, Antwerp
Hi,

So I'm looking to buy a swami gimmick but I'm not sure what to buy a thumbtip writer or a boon writer.

can someone help me out, some Pro's and con's would be nice.

thanks,

Gianni.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Thumb tips are nice because they can be easily put on and taken off, however they do tell a little more than the boon.

Your best bet is to go to a real magic shop and ask to try a few to see waht workds for you.

May 12, 2009
How about a good old fashion NW?

Is there a particular time you are going to use it in your act?

Would PW be an option?

IMHO, I really like using the NW. The TT styles and Boon styles call way to much attention to my hands.

Jan 13, 2008
I personally use a NW, but it really comes down to personal preference. I would definitely suggest trying them out for yourself.

It's like asking us what the best type of shoes are. We all have our own preferences for what we like, so it would really come down to what it is you find most comfortable/stylish. :)

Extra info for the writers:

The NW I like because of its stealth. Also, I usually start with it already on (it can be a pain to get on in your pocket, hence starting with it already on), and only need to ditch it in my pocket afterwords. So, it suits my needs nicely.

The TT style is easy to get on and off, but runs the risk of being seen. Worse, for me anyway, is that it creates an uneasy feeling of "Will they catch me?!", which does not go so well for me when performing.

I've yet to try the stick-to-your-thumb Boon style. I sweat too much to even try it; I believe it would be useless for me. Were my hands as dry as bone during performance, then I would definitely give this one a shot, as it sounds nice in principle.

Again, though, these are just my personal opinions on the writers, and how they suit my needs (or don't), and how that affects my choice. The main thing I'm trying to send home here is: look at each writer as it applies to YOU--what may not work for me, may be exactly what it is you're looking for.

Hope that helps! :)

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
I use the boon , I suggest like D ICE R said go to a magic shop and try them.
However I own 6 different types (boon,c type, nailwriter,thumbtip writer,overnail,band writer) because when I started mentalism i wanted to try them all out, and well it paid off, i had a swami gimmick that I loved and my others well....I will find a use for them one day!

hmmmm....cm763, try getting the extra strong adhesive boons.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results