t11.SNC - Roundtable Discussion : Behind The Scenes at t11

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Tonight, we host a very special roundtable discussion with two familiar faces here on theory11 - Dan White and Jonathan Bayme. This past week, Dan White was tapped to oversee the production pipeline here at theory11. He's the guy who views your trick submissions before anyone else and we're pleased to have him on board, not only a dedicated member of our team but also as a guest tonight.

Dan has extensive experience in the area of creative development based on his previous work in production for David Blaine. Tonight, we're going to take questions for both Dan and JB on the creative process, what it's like to work with theory11, what type of content we look for, and any other questions you may have in mind. Everything is fair game.

What would you like to see more of in the future from theory11? What specific suggestions would you put on the table for improving this site, our videos, and our community? Tell us what you think - and we will discuss it in the podcast.

Write in your thoughts and any questions for Dan White or JB in this thread on or before 10:00pm EST. We'll take the best of the best questions and discuss ideas presented - as well as a behind the scenes look at what is coming soon. Looking forward to an awesome discussion tonight!

Sep 1, 2007
Is David Blaines real name David White(according to wikipedia it is)

Do either of you have your own material/stuff?

what ever happened to compression?

Nov 10, 2007
Hey,

Do you ever plan to add anything to the Battle Arena to kick start it again, something to make it more interesting?

Why is Theory11 so awesome?

And of course......Drum roll please.............

What is the Wire? Sorry I had to.

Jul 8, 2008
What do you think the CRAZIEST trick you guys have ever received was? If you can't say, skip down to the next question on my post LOL

What do you guys go through when deciding that a change is necessary? A hunch? A shot in the dark etc.

Dec 18, 2009
what's it like to work with theory11?
What type of content do you look for?
Do you have any non-magic related hobbies?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Do any of you have another job besides the magic biz?
I have heard from so many people/magicians that I can't make a living off of just doing magic.

Lets say if you didn't work for David Blaine and don't own a company, could one support himself with doing magic alone?
What's your advice?
Thanks.

Oct 31, 2007
Connecticut
For Dan: How was it working for David Blaine? What did you learn?

For JB: How do you feel about how big Theory 11 has grown since 2007?

For both Dan and JB: Are there any tricks that YOU guys have created that are going to be released here at Theory 11?

Thanks guys.

J

Joseph C

When evaluating a trick is it all about how it looks - how much do weigh angles, the method involved, etc?

When you get a submission, do you try to figure out how it is done before looking at the reveal?

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
Who smells better...Dan or JB? And I am talking natural scent...not some beefed up deodorant/cologne/Axe body spray combo mumbo-jumbo...

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
If I had a trick/routine/dvd/book that I wanted to sell on Theory11, how would I do it, and if there is one, what is the process you guys use to accept it?

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
How much stock of product do you guys have or make? Like when you released Crush, did you have 1000 in a warehouse ready to ship or 100?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Thank you guys for all that you've done over the course of the past 3 years. I think I can speak for everybody that theory11 has produced some top-notch quality products. But here are some questions I have to ask...

Jonathan:

-Ever since the 1-on-1s featuring you with the Biddle Trick and the Erdnase Change (which was shot in Charleston, SC :) ), do you plan on releasing any more of your 1-on-1s? Ever plan on making your own DVD?

-Are you going to add another 1-on-1 section soon? Such as a stage/illusion section? It seems broad but will there ever be a section like that? I know you specialize in stage/illusion, so maybe that could be in conjunction with my first question..:)

Dan:

-Since you have been working with Blaine, how much has working with him opened your eyes to creativity? Did it boost your thought flow and overall creativity?

Thanks for your time guys to answer these questions. I'm pretty sure you guys are going to be bombarded with $h!tloads of questions! Good luck to both of you as well as many other theory11 artists in the future. We still have yet to see what is to come.

Cheers,

Casey

Aug 1, 2009
Dan White- What is your day like as a magician and an artist for theory 11?

JB- Do you still perform shows even though your the CEO for theory 11?

JB - Have you ever submitted a magic effect to theory 11?

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
How often do people who submit tricks get replies? And about how long does it take? (24 hours or a week etc)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results