T11 Underground Section

You guys are all confused. DanandDave.com, Ellusionist, Handlordz all have a private forum for products. Go to DanandDave.com and people will tell you that there are special forums for the Trilogy and the system. At E they have a section for there videos like for Crash course,etc. At handlordz there is a section for there dvds and so on and so on. What Aris is saying is to have something like that here. We don't reveal tricks we give variations or advice for it. For example if I bought Panic I would go to the special forum for panic, and would get advice on hoe to put it in routines and things like that.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I think we can do this right out in the open. All we have to do is act like jerks whenever a newbie shows up, and he will leave. After a while, it will just be the "in" crowd, because everyone else will have left - whether because he's a newbie, or because he thinks we all suck to treat newbies like that.

And then the site will be underground. As in, dead and buried.

I've always taken "underground" magic to mean "not so concerned with the magicians' code". I think the magicians' code is too black-and-white, and there are a lot of people ripping off the public with wild abandon because the code prevents their peers from exposing them. You can misuse ethics, which is why I've long ago separated myself from groups like IBM and SAM. That's not to say I believe the code is worthless - I simply believe there is a better code, a higher standard to which magicians should be held.

I know that position's no more popular here than it is anywhere else, but at least here I can say it out loud and people don't immediately start screaming for my blood and demanding that I be burned at the stake. Which counts for something. ;)

Rob

Dec 12, 2007
ID
I HAVE seen a lot of the media on this sight and others. And the thought of a "gentilmens club" discust me. Exclusion and favoritism is not the feeling that T11 or e-lusionist or Penguin or any of the rest are trying to convey.

The general public could care less what Magicians are all about. They are not going to come onto a websight to cruise through it.

They want to buy thier 10 year old nephew a cool new thumb, or that black deck of cards that they want.

How many GREAT Magicians are thier??? We all can name quite a few. But ask your Aunt.

Here is my only piece of mentalism, she will say: David Copperfield, Sigfreid and Roy, Penn and Teller. All masters of thier craft.

And if she has seen any T.V. in the last 5 years she might know of chris angel and david blane.

But they dont know of Chris, Aaron, Dan and Dave, Garcia, or any of the newer super hot UNDERGROUND stars of today.

But we do.

we are underground enough, dont put magic 6 feet under.

magic allready has a bad enough rap, dont let it die from your sheer ignorance.

it might "Just be an idea." but thaughts like that are killers.

thanks for putting up with my rant.

~Rob~

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Actually I came up with this idea because I saw the ad of the guardians on uncrate's webpage, and I thought that MANY people will check the page out, when they see tricks they'll click it, and maybe they'll buy it just to know how its done, so MANY people maybe non-magicians or something like that..

So I thought, maybe t11 should create a section ONLY FOR MAGICIANS or AN UNDERGROUND section so when the layman enter to checkout the guardians they cant see the tricks or something like that =).. or they can just do an UNDERGROUND section, where registered members here on the forum or the people that t11 decides can enter in that Section, area, zone however u wanna call it, so there is a SAFE place from the non magicians =)..

Nov 1, 2007
So, if I understand right - there'd be the regular T11, then a super secret area for only the most magical of us all (coin in bottle? more like coin in YOUR SKULL), where T11 would sell a special collection of tricks? Only the members of that secret area could get those tricks. Then it'd be truly underground.

Firstly, if there's a question, Google has the answer. That's just the truth. Google's superpower is being able to find ANYTHING you search for. Type in, How many times did robotsunshine pee today, and you'll get an answer (fun fact: 4 times!). Do an image search and... well, don't image search that.

If someone wants to market an effect, such an avenue doesn't help them. Let's Secret-T11 is created. By its nature, it'd only accept people on the T11 forum, already a relatively small populace. Then, we're handpicking about 1/4 of everyone for Secret-T11. We'd have like 20 people - and probably only 14 or 15 who'd buy the Secret-Tricks. Then, what if it's a card trick, and Johnny McShadowcoins isn't interested? Probably only 1/2 to 3/4 would buy each trick. And even if the Secret-group were larger, it's still a tiny fraction of people available for money snatchin'. So, how many magicians, ready and eager to market their new Swallowing the Moon effect, would say, I'll pick that tiny audience subset on Theory 11!, when they could just sell it on the regular site for everyone to buy?

Honestly, if you want real underground stuff, invent it and share with friends (magician friends, of course!). As long as millions of people around the world with a Visa card can get your trick, it's not going to be underground.

Rob

Dec 12, 2007
ID
uncrate

Actually I came up with this idea because I saw the ad of the guardians on uncrate's webpage, and I thought that MANY people will check the page out, when they see tricks they'll click it, and maybe they'll buy it just to know how its done, so MANY people maybe non-magicians or something like that..

So I thought, maybe t11 should create a section ONLY FOR MAGICIANS or AN UNDERGROUND section so when the layman enter to checkout the guardians they cant see the tricks or something like that =).. or they can just do an UNDERGROUND section, where registered members here on the forum or the people that t11 decides can enter in that Section, area, zone however u wanna call it, so there is a SAFE place from the non magicians =)..

I just looked at uncrate and thier was no mention of magic or tricks or anything to that effect. it was all about poker.

the secret is still safe!

now your just lookin for hay in a stack of needles.

oops sorry. thier is a T11 link in the corner.

and why discourage anyone from wanting to practice magic anyway???

Who draws the line?

Let's say someone goes out and buys a basic trick, like maybe a Hot Rod. Ten minutes of practice, he goes out and does the trick for his friends, they're all amazed.

Is he a magician?

Why, or why not?

I agree to, only a person that has like 4 years of doing magic like me or basicly any one still here are dedocated magicians, but any one could BECOMe a magician...any one that cant live with out magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results