Tabled Faro

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
I DID IT!!!

i was on vacation sitting in a hotel room, fiddling with cards before i fell asleep, and somehow i decided to try to do a tabled faro, was surprisingly close. so i kept trying. i did it like 4 times!! i kept trying the next day, and with the right deck, i can do it every 3 or 4 times!!

SUPER FREAKING SWEET!!

i just wanted to share my excitement with some people who would understand!

web

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I DID IT!!!

i was on vacation sitting in a hotel room, fiddling with cards before i fell asleep, and somehow i decided to try to do a tabled faro, was surprisingly close. so i kept trying. i did it like 4 times!! i kept trying the next day, and with the right deck, i can do it every 3 or 4 times!!

SUPER FREAKING SWEET!!

i just wanted to share my excitement with some people who would understand!

web

congrats bro. I got down the table faro about a month ago so I know your excitement.

kind regards

Mike

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
Thanks Mike! although i cant seem to repeat it near as well as i did that night. i'm confident that i'll get it. it seems to rely heavily on the condition of the deck doesn't it?

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Thanks Mike! although i cant seem to repeat it near as well as i did that night. i'm confident that i'll get it. it seems to rely heavily on the condition of the deck doesn't it?

yes it does play a factor and then it dosent. The more jacked up the cards the more difficult it becomes and the more discrepancies you can get in your weave. It also falls on the handler if they are not using proper techniques to achieve the weave.

Cards that are sticky and/or with damaged corners will contribute to the difficulty of the sleight. Like with most moves once you get the hang of it the move dosent seem as hard as when you first started.

Just a small tip. The weaving of the cards no matter if its in the hands, Table, Butt faros, etc does not require a great amout of pressure. If your using a lot of pressure your technique is faulty. A gentle pressure is more that sufficiant to weave the cards.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
yes it does play a factor and then it dosent. The more jacked up the cards the more difficult it becomes and the more discrepancies you can get in your weave. It also falls on the handler if they are not using proper techniques to achieve the weave.

Cards that are sticky and/or with damaged corners will contribute to the difficulty of the sleight. Like with most moves once you get the hang of it the move dosent seem as hard as when you first started.

Just a small tip. The weaving of the cards no matter if its in the hands, Table, Butt faros, etc does not require a great amout of pressure. If your using a lot of pressure your technique is faulty. A gentle pressure is more that sufficiant to weave the cards.

Kind Regards,

Mike

i figured the better the performer the less the deck mattered. question, where do you place your thumbs?

ps, been trying to get it for the past 5 min, just got it!

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
i figured the better the performer the less the deck mattered. question, where do you place your thumbs?

ps, been trying to get it for the past 5 min, just got it!

Without giving too much detail your thumbs really dont matter where they are placed. There are a bunch of ways to faro it aint even funny.

I could place my thumbs any where and still achieve the faro, the way I learned the thumbs are more of a guide. I usually have my thumbs at mid deck or the inner cornners but it depends on the rest of you finger placements. Its just a matter of getting the proper pressures down and the technique you learned.

When I first started the table faro its was a pain in you know where. It takes time. I cant give away too much on a public forum.

I learned from Richard Turners DVD shuffle and stacking, and Ed Marlos RCT.

Kind regards,

Mike

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
i just tried doing it.... i have a DVD that briefly (BRIEFLY) covers it. i guess what i was asking was: is it supposed to look like a tabled riffle shuffle?

Apr 8, 2010
I've been trying to do a Tabled Faro for the past few days but I always have the same downfall - whenever I start the faro the weave isn't "perfect".

For example: Two cards will drop first from the right hand packet, then the rest of the deck weaves relatively ok, sometimes with one other minor in perfect.

Without revealing two much, have you got any tips on how to correct this, or on how to insure whether the Faro is an "in" faro or an "out" faro.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I've been trying to do a Tabled Faro for the past few days but I always have the same downfall - whenever I start the faro the weave isn't "perfect".

For example: Two cards will drop first from the right hand packet, then the rest of the deck weaves relatively ok, sometimes with one other minor in perfect.

Without revealing two much, have you got any tips on how to correct this, or on how to insure whether the Faro is an "in" faro or an "out" faro.

Practice. It takes a feel that is achieved through trial and error. Sometimes its the fault of the cards and/or the handler. Marlo in RCT discusses on how to calculate your faros when discrepancies happen by using simple math on Pg 178, if you choose not to restart the weave.

The table faro is not the best faro to choose if you need and in or an out faro. Only when you need a perfect weave. But it is possible to do so. I have only once achieved 8 pefect table faros to restore full deck order.

Ed Marlo in The Legend discusses the table faro and performs 8 out faros to restore full deck order and said that it depends on how the cards fall as well as some other points. The DvD is really good.

Martin Nash does a great job in teaching the table faro also.

Good luck and Kind regards

Mike

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois

i'm having the same problem. but not always. my struggle is cutting to 27 (i'm using jokers) no look. with an in the hands faro i can see the edges of the cards and get a much better 27/27 cut.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results