That one guy that feels threatened by magic.

Oct 6, 2007
i kno we have all come across this guy "oh i kno what you did on that one" or "that wasent that great i could do that" you know that kind of guy. what do you do in these situations obviously you wouldent show any tricks to him but what if your in a group of people and everyone is demanding to see a trick you can but dont want to refuse but theres just that one guy who feels thretend i guess, so he feels like he has to state that he knows how the tricks are done or that they arent that impressive so he can be the "smart guy" or somthing i know you guys know who im talking about. any thoughts?

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
either dont do it...
do your greatest trick...(one he cant figure out)
concentrate on everyone else, he will see what a great time they are having, and see what he is missing out on, he will eventually give in and want to join

-BRad

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
i kno we have all come across this guy "oh i kno what you did on that one" or "that wasent that great i could do that" you know that kind of guy. what do you do in these situations obviously you wouldent show any tricks to him but what if your in a group of people and everyone is demanding to see a trick you can but dont want to refuse but theres just that one guy who feels thretend i guess, so he feels like he has to state that he knows how the tricks are done or that they arent that impressive so he can be the "smart guy" or somthing i know you guys know who im talking about. any thoughts?

Usually I give that guy the deck and say "Show me."
When I hand the deck over and all the people watch him, he now understands what it's like under pressure and won't heckle you anymore after that trick. Plus he won't know how to do it anyway because there's just no way you can learn it by watching 1 move. Anyway, that's just one way how I handle it.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
It seems weird but I make them part of the act. My number 1 rule is making sure that EVERYONE is completely comfortable even if there is a heckler. I let them do a trick with me making it appear that they do the magic. Why fight them when they could be a good fan.

Oct 11, 2007
Alabama
We have all had this happen to us at one time or another. For people just starting out in magic, I would say just finish the trick you are doing and make a story and walk away. Because it really hard when your just starting out to preform in front of people and its even harder to do magic in front of someone who is not open to it (Magic). You cant do your best magic if you are worried about if that guy is going to say something after every trick you do. Sometimes its ok just to walk away... you will have other days to preform trust me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results