The Code by Andy Nyman

Jun 19, 2013
Hi. I've been looking for a trick that can fool the most intelligent spectator, does The Code suit that purpose?
Also, there was a clip in the trailer when Andy asked a girl to count 28 cards. Did he ask her to think of any card or pick a card first? Then, he named a number, she counted to that number, and was the card she counted to her card?
I'm just wondering out of curiosity.
My last question: Is this only for knowing what your spectators card was, or can it be used for other things too?

Thanks.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Hi. I've been looking for a trick that can fool the most intelligent spectator, does The Code suit that purpose?

Any trick well performed will fool people. This is probably no exception, assuming you perform it well. My personal advice is not to focus on solely fooling people, but to focus on entertaining them and engaging with them.

Also - This seems to be more of a system than a trick. A utility device which you can use to build tricks around. So, again, it would come down to your own ability to perform.

Jun 19, 2013
Also - This seems to be more of a system than a trick. A utility device which you can use to build tricks around. So, again, it would come down to your own ability to perform.
Thanks for the reply. One more thing, are you buying a gimmick deck or a gimmick that you can add to your own deck?
Thanks.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
As far as I can tell, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, it's a gimmick used in conjunction with the deck.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Are you buying a gimmick deck?

We'd prefer not to answer any questions that risk exposing the method or technique, out of respect for Andy Nyman and the 18 months of development that went into this project. One thing I can say: everything you need is included inside that black box, and the deck itself can be shuffled, by the spectator, in many applications. There are no forces, no sleights, no switches - it just feels like pure, simple, devastating mind-reading. In some of my favorite applications, you don't even LOOK at the card the spectator selects. But you know it - instantly.

I've been looking for a trick that can fool the most intelligent spectator, does The Code suit that purpose?

Without even the most distant hesitation - YES. It's been hugely gratifying to see praise for The Code from the world's top minds in mentalism and magic - Derren Brown, Max Maven, Richard Wiseman, Wayne Houchin, David Regal, and many more.

"I can't even begin to articulate how brilliant it is." - Wayne Houchin

With just a little bit of practice, you'll be blowing people away with this technique - and using it to create NEW effects of your own.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Wait.

Can this be done with any deck? As in, if a deck needs to be altered, would I reasonably be able to do it myself?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Wait.

Can this be done with any deck? As in, if a deck needs to be altered, would I reasonably be able to do it myself?

No construction or alteration is required - everything you need is inside The Code box, pre-made and perfectly designed. Once you watch the video and learn The Code, you'll immediately be able to perform all of the routines taught in the DVD - and can start creating new applications of your own on the spot.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
No construction or alteration is required - everything you need is inside The Code box, pre-made and perfectly designed. Once you watch the video and learn The Code, you'll immediately be able to perform all of the routines taught in the DVD - and can start creating new applications of your own on the spot.

You did not answer my question but I'm pretty sure I've found the answer elsewhere.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Does it end clean? Can it be a borrowed deck?

Yes, you start and end completely clean! No, it cannot be done with any deck - but the deck can be freely handled by the spectator, and in many applications, shuffled by the spectator, throughout the performance.

Out of respect for Andy Nyman, let's please avoid questions that hint at method or exposure, as this is a secret system that we hope remains just that - a secret. Of course, we're happy to answer questions that are absolutely necessary to make an informed decision if this is the right effect for you, but that must exclude specific questions that require public exposure to properly answer.

To add some additional insight (some of which our team mentioned already, but to recap) - there is no forcing, no sleights, no memorization, and no technical skill required. It's all about presentation with this one. As shown in the beginning of the preview, you can immediately determine the value and even the LOCATION of the selected card in the deck - without even looking at it (really).

The Code is brilliant, diabolical, and unbelievably practical. This is something you'll likely never leave home without, and you'll start using these techniques and this utility in your OTHER magic routines.

Coupled with universal praise from the industry's best minds - Max Maven, Derren Brown, Wayne Houchin, and more - and coupled with our money-back guarantee at theory11: I have complete confidence that The Code is something you will absolutely love to learn and love to use.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Will theory11 be selling "refills" for this? I seriously need to buy like 20 of these it's that good

Hey Michael!

If you need to purchase refills for this (and you have already purchased the DVD set), just hit up my team at support@theory11.com. We will let you know the details. That said, it is not something that most people in most circumstances are going to need many refills for. Take care of the tools, and they will take care of you for a long time.

// L

Michael V.(8)

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Thanks Lyle I just sent them an email, im pretty careless with these things, I like to have backups just incase, and I'm taking this thing with me everywhere now and already had some spectator damage :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results