The Code

somecallmetim96

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
So, this is to everyone who has The Code by Andy Nyman. The DVD is great and full of amazing ideas, and I came up with a few ideas (which I will talk about,) but I was wondering (for you who have The Code) if you guys had any ideas/applications.

The idea I had was simple, instead of revealing the card, have them memorize a card, then perform the proper shuffles to the pack and divine how many cards down their selection is. (You could even have them cut the cards if you know how to do that properly)

Please leave your ideas!
Thanks!

hudsonhufham

Elite Member
Feb 8, 2013
Do you mean perform the proper shuffles to get their card to the top of the deck or what exactly do you mean by that? I think it could be an awesome idea though. Maybe a really strong gambling demonstration?

I always tell them that I can read their eyes, not their minds. I say "when your brain hears something related to the card you are thinking of, your eyes will flicker in the slightest manner. Now try to not let them flicker or give anything away." I then go through naming red, black, red, black (acting like I am reading their eyes) I announce that it is black (if it is.. say the 5 of spades) I then say "spade, club, spade, club, etc…" and announce that it is a spade. Then go from ace up to king (I purposely can't figure out what the value of their card is) so I repeat ace up to king and get it right that time. People love it.

Jun 20, 2013
The idea I posted few times ago is a memorization routine. You make them shuffle, you spread the cards 10 seconds on the table, and you're able to say EVERY SINGLE CARD in order. I tested, very powerful!

hudsonhufham

Elite Member
Feb 8, 2013
How can you memorize the deck right after they have shuffled it if they have given i a thorough shuffle? I don't see how the Code can help you with that.

somecallmetim96

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
Do you mean perform the proper shuffles to get their card to the top of the deck or what exactly do you mean by that? I think it could be an awesome idea though. Maybe a really strong gambling demonstration?

I always tell them that I can read their eyes, not their minds. I say "when your brain hears something related to the card you are thinking of, your eyes will flicker in the slightest manner. Now try to not let them flicker or give anything away." I then go through naming red, black, red, black (acting like I am reading their eyes) I announce that it is black (if it is.. say the 5 of spades) I then say "spade, club, spade, club, etc…" and announce that it is a spade. Then go from ace up to king (I purposely can't figure out what the value of their card is) so I repeat ace up to king and get it right that time. People love it.

By proper shuffle I mean something else, I'm trying not to say it in the open though. I go a step further by saying I won't fish for answers and just figure it out by reading their eyes. Or even better I pretend that the card leaps to my mind and I start blurtin the first syllable of their card until it fully comes over. Intense eye staring works haha

hudsonhufham

Elite Member
Feb 8, 2013
You have the Code?..because you can totally do that...

Yes I do have the Code and use it all the time.

As for the memorization part, Do you mean spread the cards facedown on the table and tell them what the cards are in order and not actually have to memorize anything at all, or do you mean let them have the deck and you tell them the order without looking at the deck at all (That is what I said the Code wouldn't help you with)

somecallmetim96

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
Yes I do have the Code and use it all the time.

As for the memorization part, Do you mean spread the cards facedown on the table and tell them what the cards are in order and not actually have to memorize anything at all, or do you mean let them have the deck and you tell them the order without looking at the deck at all (That is what I said the Code wouldn't help you with)

They shuffle it, really shuffle it, and then have it spread face up for about five to ten seconds, and say you've memorized it. Simply use "Sniper" to determine each card (in order from top to bottom) as you deal them.

hudsonhufham

Elite Member
Feb 8, 2013
Ohhh okay I was picturing it differently but I would see how that would work amazingly. I'll give that one a try sometime.

hudsonhufham

Elite Member
Feb 8, 2013
Thought of this today and it's absolutely amazing how it plays out. Use the Code and a card index together (I use Daniel Madison's Advocate). That should get your brain spinning a little bit. I use it for the fastest card to pocket in history. And have the card just sticking out of your pocket a little so your hand doesn't have to actually go into the pocket.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results