The Daniel Garcia Project

So I'm debating whether to get volume 1 or Avenue. Basically all I like from it is Ego and the rubber band tricks. I want to know are the rubber band ones practical and if it is gimmicked and your opinions on the whole DVD.
Thanks

Nov 8, 2008
U.S.
Part of the rubber band effect is gimmicked. I liked the whole project, but you will only use a few tricks. Plus, Ego and the rubber band stuff is all on volume 1, so you don't have to get the whole project. Hope this helps,
Dmagic

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
not to bash dG but out of the 1 project you will probably find only like one of the tricks actually presentable ......... it comes to danny so well because he is very highly skilled. just giving you my opinion

Aug 18, 2008
I own all three volumes, so I will give you my thoughts on them.

Even though I only used a few tricks from each volume, they were a lot of fun to watch and I learned a bunch of cool stuff. His ideas are really out of the box, and will get you thinking about different types of tricks. I would buy the first volume, and see how that goes. If you like it, check out the other two. Hope this helps!

Apr 28, 2008
The Daniel Garcia projects are brilliant although you will need a lot of confidence to pull off some of the effects. The first phase of the rubber band trick is not gimmicked but the second phase is. If you want an impromptu linking bands have a look at DG's BentTouchSlink.

If you want some creative out of the box thinking go with the DG project but remember you will probably only find 1 or 2 effects of each volume that work for you. As somebody else mentioned earlier, all these effects come very naturally to DG but to others they can seem a bit impractical.

It's difficult to say anything about Avenue but it looks like a very nice collection of well structured routines, probably nothing revolutionary though. Although I think i'll get more out of Avenue than I did from the DGP's.

Jul 16, 2008
all right i come straight i dont like DG because he just seems like a a^^hole yea he got some good concpets but alot is taken out of aoa and other books and he giives no credit to them
thats all

Sep 20, 2008
i would say Avenue- it looks like Dhorian has some good stuff in it- besides, it'll tend to suit MY style since im influenced by the buck twins (and they helped make Avenue)

I emphasise on MY style. that doesnt mean it will suit you immediately, however i own DGP 1-3 and i only found some things useful there, not too keen on things such as JoeBlow and that window trick (forgot what its called)

But nacho mama's triumph and Ego Force/Ego Change is definitely worth its money. =]

Cant really say anything about avenue- though if i had the choice right now i'd buy the DVD-cept im lacking funds!

Edit:

Damn, a DG hater. what's the world going to. =/ that's like saying you hate santa clause. not implying DG's fat, but like everyone likes santa clause- which means everyone loves DG!

I think Mr.Bayme and DG should have a joint project, that'd be hillarious. Bayme is funny =D

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
I like the DG project allot there are some cool effects on them and its allot of live performances which is great to watch, but if you can only get one dvd i would get avenue, it seems to have some great real world effects on it, and there are some sleights on the dvd that you will learn that you can use for other stuff.

I feel that DG´s magic is great and its really fun to performe but its nothing that i would performe everyday, its more fun stuff to performe while you hang out with your friends, but thats just my opinion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results